1. Join the Community!

DSMtuners is a massive archive of DSM information - but more importantly, it's a COMMUNITY! Join in and participate with other DSMers, and invite all of your DSM friends to make this place their home. Chat with others, create a build thread, post questions and answers. Get involved! Logging in will also remove many of the advertisements, along with this notice. ;)

greddy type s adjustment question

Posted by crazyquik22023, Jun 19, 2010

Please Support Southbay Fuel Injectors
Please Support Feal Suspension
  1. crazyquik22023

crazyquik22023 Proven Member

Joined Sep 14, 2008
    Akron, Ohio
    To those who have used the type s what is the max boost you can hold with it??? a few weeks ago it was holding 24psi and now it will only hold 21psi.. I have the adjustment screw almost all the way down... there is about maybe 1/4 of an inch that is not screwed in... I don't have the small nipple on the bov just vented... I don't have any boost leaks as far as i can tell... thanks for the info...

850  0

1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse GST
    12.900 @ 115.000 · 2G DSM
  2. BLINKY619

BLINKY619 Proven Member

Joined Feb 26, 2010
    SAN DIEGO, California
    when you say hold do you mean... with a boost leak tester or turbo psi? if turbo then im assuming that you aren't boosting 24 psi but 21

611  0

1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse GST
    manual · 2G DSM
  3. dsmdeliveryboy

dsmdeliveryboy Proven Member

Joined Aug 14, 2007
    Medford, Oregon
    Mine holds 21 psi all day, never get surge or anything. I plan to go to 28psi soon, I'll let you know when/if it happens.

1K  0

1990 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    manual · 1G DSM
  4. 400hp93talon

400hp93talon Proven Member

Joined Aug 11, 2009
    Fort Madison, Iowa
    The greddy type s is a good bov but not for anything above 20 in my book they start leaking and cause compessor surge...spend the extra money to get the rs,tial bov or hks or something of better quality and you wont have any issues with them!!

383  0

1995 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    manual · 2G DSM
  5. crazyquik22023

Joined Sep 14, 2008
    Akron, Ohio
    yes i mean on turbo psi... sry i should have specified

u think the rs will hold more than the type s?? and what about the type rz if you know anything about it??? p.s. i want to be boosting around 30-32 psi... i have the motor and all the mods for it i just need to fix this bov problem(at least i hope thats the problem...)

850  0

6. blackhawkgsx

blackhawkgsx Proven Member

Joined Mar 6, 2010
    Miami, Florida
    I have had the type s and have had the same problem at 22psi on e316g now i have the type rz and have no issues and im running 25psi and spikes at 28.

1K  0

1995 Mitsubishi Eclipse GST
    12.074 @ 113.360 · 2G DSM
  7. crazyquik22023

Joined Sep 14, 2008
    Akron, Ohio
    cool thanks for the info and how hard/soft do u have the screw adjusted to??? Also has anyone ever replaced the springs in either the type s or type rz bov with stiffer springs???

850  0

8. blackhawkgsx

blackhawkgsx Proven Member

Joined Mar 6, 2010
    Miami, Florida
    I have it set pretty stiff basicly in the middle guess .... I dont like to blow off when not seeing any boost as this attracts unwanted attention:thumb: it also just blows off with out that compressor surge sound> (####hhh pushhh pushhh wissp wissp.........) so mine is like ####hsshhhshshshshs. LOL

1K  0

1995 Mitsubishi Eclipse GST
    12.074 @ 113.360 · 2G DSM
  9. ulitka

ulitka Proven Member

Joined Apr 9, 2009
    Raleigh, North Carolina
    My type-rs held up 29psi no issues with both springs in and adjustmen screw 3 full turns clockwise from softest position. when I did a boost leak test at 30psi with Type-S bov (both springs installed and quick release port not connected) valve stayed closed, valve would open once throttle was quickly closed. As long as the diaphragm does not leak, both springs are used, quick release port not connected to boost source, bov being authentic, and adjustment screw properly adjusted, the bov should hold up to 30psi no issues. The only part a do not like about type-s and type-rs is that with quick spool turbos like 16g under partial light throttle you would get a compressor surge. The only way I was able to mask a surge on type-rs bov is by removal of a small bov spring which worked ok in lower 20psi range. Type-s completely eliminated compressor surge with both springs in but quick release port connected to a boost source which worked ok in lower 20psi range with an exception to an internaly leaky quick release port which is not that huge of a deal as long as you are re-circulating.

959  0

1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX
    16.665 @ 93.120 · 2G DSM