The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support ExtremePSI

GM MAFT question (blow thru set up)

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DsMWookie

15+ Year Contributor
May 3, 2004
Birmingham, Alabama
Ok I just put the GM MAF sensor in right near the throttle body....can I just put a filter on the turbo ?

Also where should i run the line that went to the BOV ?

Last but not least what do I do with the line that went to the valve cover?

can I just put a filter on the turbo ?

- You can, It might be a tight fit though. You can just get a 3" intake or and run a filter on the end of it. I made my 3" intake out of bends from lowes.

Also where should i run the line that went to the BOV ?

-Since you have it set up in blow through, You do not need the recirculation hose anymore, If you really want to, You can get an intake with the recirc adapter, or you can make an intake, With a recirc adapter.

Last but not least what do I do with the line that went to the valve cover?

- Just go but a 2$ catch can from any parts store, And put it on the end of the hose.

The hose for the BOV i was refering to was the little vacuum hose....

As far as the filter I was thinking one of those HKS mushroom filters just stuck on it.

SO i shouldnt just cap off the one from the valve cover?

what bov do you have? the line that goes to the intake manifold? That will stay connected.

You can buy cheaper versions of those mushroom filters for like less then 20dollars at an autoparts store.

i never seen anyone cap that part off on the valve cover. most people just put a catch can on it, i just have mine connected to the hose that came off of the charcoal canister so it wouldent just be dangling there.

I had my valve cover vent capped off for awhile before I knew what it really did, and I think it caused some small problems (burning oil at high rpms, probably increased the pressure in the valve cover). I have since run a line from it to a small air filter and haven't noticed any problems since.

Yah my buddy had a filter on his 2g (non turbo with HAHN kit on it) and he was smoking alot...he capped that filter off and it stopped the smoking so I guess ill go with a catch can

Valve cover:
Get a hose and run it down towards the ground
Put a breather on it

Filter: Do yo want it sucking in that nice warm radiator air?

BOV: Run it from a nipple on the intake mani.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back