The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

Getting back into the DSM game after 3 weeks?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Outdorsman

Proven Member
Oct 17, 2012
Las Vegas, Nevada
So its been 3 weeks since I've sold the pain in the ass spyder. I enjoyed driving it but it broke down way too damn much. Anyway, I kinda miss the car and found some good 1g's for sale on craigslist. I don't know if I should go with it.

The main reaso nthe previous eclipse trashed on me was because the previous owner was a complete jackass and cut corners with repairs, transmission bolt was missing and I was naive and didn't catch that it was missing. I had to give it a full head rebuild as well because the guy belt sanded the head prior to me owning it. Bunch of stripped bolts as well which I found when I tried to remove parts...

Anyway, I feel like my experience was due to the poor ownership of the car from the previous owner.

Does this seem reasonable? The color looks immaculate but it seems like it because of the dark lighting. I'm trying to contact the guy to get more information.

91 talon awd turbo

I assume these are more reliable, and I know I'm more than capable of fixing it if it breaks now. I did every single repair by myself and never called a mechanic. Being 18 I'm proud of what I've been able to repair, the right way without cutting corners. I've owned 3 cars of my own so far so I consider myself decently skilled in mechanics for basic stuff, I have yet to dive into a full engine rebuild but I do my own clutch jobs, timing belts, head rebuilds, and whatnot. Would this be feasible given my age and not having much money? I'm not looking to modify it to be a drag monster for a few months until I get a better job and I am entering college soon. Mainly looking for a decent daily driver. I know it has no powersteering but I've been driving a 93 Toyota pickup without powersteering for a few months now as well haha. I feel I could reinstall the powersteering down the road, love miller import parts for that haha.

The wording and blurry Bigfoot pics are off-putting...

Could be a heap, or in need of just a couple of things.

Why does everyone call their dsm hobby a game? Are you keeping score against another team?

call it what you will and so will I. I think of it as a game for me. Its the same thing so it really shouldn't matter now should it? Its just a phrase frequently used when returning to something you haven't done in awhile... and kind of keeping score LOL, my cousin and I are buying dsm's and basically trying to see who can build the fastest one on the track.

Anyway I got more information, its completely stock, the pictures are true to its color, the black is nice looking and everything. Has 140k miles or so, no a/c, no p/s, cracked windshield and in need of a motor mount, missing front grille piece. I plan to compression test it today and take it for a spin. I'm not making the same mistake I did with my last purchase, I know what to look for now haha.

A single missing transmission bolt would not have anything to do with the car eating its own guts. The rest of the stuff will. I would hold off buying that 1g. Reckon it's been molested too? Probably.

Unless you don't plan on DDing and letting it sit while you make sure it's all good.

A single missing transmission bolt would not have anything to do with the car eating its own guts. The rest of the stuff will. I would hold off buying that 1g. Reckon it's been molested too? Probably.

Unless you don't plan on DDing and letting it sit while you make sure it's all good.

I couldn't go reverse because of the missing bolt, it would make the car shake extremely violently LOL and it would always grind gears. I finally fixed it and it was good. Im going to check out this car today. I have another car to DD but I would like to use this one LOL. But believe me, now that I look back, the previous owner of my spyder was a complete jackass.

Also as soon as I sold the car, two days later the guy who bought called me up and told me it broke down again. Said the coil pack finally went bad and the cat converter went to shit which was unexpected for me. It was an all stock car.

The way some people mod, it is a game; dice, to be specific.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back