The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

!g big rods. how much nitrous

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

na90dsm

20+ Year Contributor
Nov 10, 2002
nj, New_Jersey
how much nitrous can you throw at a set of stock big rods with fordged pistons on em. im gonna be building a n/a motor with a good size shot of nitrous on it and if i can use the bog rods im oging to. they hold more power then any n/a motor will put out. thanx

Those rods will take 450-500whp, however what you cam make on them is all dependant on how much your spraying and if your getting detonation or not. That will determine your failure limit of the parts in your car.

If your tuning is off or you just run too large a shot for your octane then things are going to brake no matter what they are from.

i was thinkin 10:1 je pistons, bog rods, web racing cams, stage 2 head with mad springs. total seal rings are what i was going to use for piston riungs as well.

na90dsm said:
i was thinkin 10:1 je pistons, bog rods, web racing cams, stage 2 head with mad springs. total seal rings are what i was going to use for piston riungs as well.

OEM rods have a fixed pin, aftermarket pistons for a floating pin. You can't mix the two without some bs. Buy eagle rods run Weisco pistons and use the standard weisco rings.

so if i go forged pistons i have to use aftermarket rods as well. there isnt an aftermarket forged piston with press pins. i had brc forged aluminum pistons a while ago that were press fit.

i really dont knwo much about there company btu id liek to find some more press fit pistons to run in place of them. if i cant use big rods i mean its no biggy, just more toys

yes you can press forged pistons on stock rods I have done it many times all you have to do is specify press type pin instead of full floating :thumb: . J.E. for example has many pin options......I have run MANY 30psi runs on stock internals....make sure you need forged pistons before you buy them.
Just my .02cents.
and have fun :D

im only going forged pistons because im changing the compression ratio. im going to be either running 10:0:1 or 11:0:1 compression. no higher though. id like to run a 150 dirrect port shot in the setup also.

as long as i can get the pistons press fit ill be ok. this motor wont see over 400hp, and nowheres even close to it.

contact your piston manufacturer and specify a press type pin they can accomodate your need's ton's of small block chevy's sre running around with pressed pin forged piston's.
however in the dsm world if you run an aftermarket rod you MUST run them full floating without more machine work.
hope this help's.
just out of curiosity what are you building? :confused:

10:0:1 or 11:0:1 stock stroke n/a motor. full race cams built head 450cc injectors findanza flywheel pulleys the works. been a thing ive had for a while is to build one and i almost built a stroker. i opted to keep the stock stroke in search of some good revs. im shooting for 200hp before nitrous and all. im gonna drop a 150 dirrect port shot on top. possibly a 100 if i get a good price on one.

so yea...

sounds cool to me!
good luck hope all goes well with the buildup.
a while back I believe it was mach-v was selling 12.1 forged pistons, maybe it's worth looking into. :D

they had 11:0:1 and i got thetr last set. they were nice but not that nixe
i sold those and im going with the 10:0:1 form magnus.

o.k. I just remembered seeing them a while back and thought id mention it.
cool well good luck on the build up :thumb:

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back