The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

full 6-bolt engine into 2g questions

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

roni-wan

15+ Year Contributor
May 4, 2006
merida, Central_America
ok here is my question, since i dond really have the time to look for some parts to do a 1g swap into my 2g, i am able to buy the complete engine, block, head, Intake manifold, coil pack, all pumps and lines i mean the full engine.

so i thing is just easier to drop the complete engine and i need to modify just a couple things like a motor mount and a CAS to have my car running or maybe i am wrong?

just wondering coz while i break or CW my 7 bolt i can put some serious money building the 6 bolt so when it breaks i can just drop the new 6 bolt built engine on my car :D and get back soon to the track

Coz i want to do the swap but i still not decide what to do, maybe get the parts by my own and rebuild it with new stuff like pumps belts tensioners ect ect or get a jdm engine, build it by my own will take more time and effort to find all the things i need like water pipe and neck, intake manifold, TB, maybe i can get a good deal from someone here or if get lucky i could get a complete longblock for cheap. :D

Coz i want to do the swap but i still not decide what to do, maybe get the parts by my own and rebuild it with new stuff like pumps belts tensioners ect ect or get a jdm engine, build it by my own will take more time and effort to find all the things i need like water pipe and neck, intake manifold, TB, maybe i can get a good deal from someone here or if get lucky i could get a complete longblock for cheap. :D

If you have the money, I say just save yourself the trouble and just buy a long block from someone. If not, wait it out and take your time finding parts. I constantly look through the classifieds here and always see random engine parts for REAL CHEAP. You just have to be patient and wait for the people who really need to get rid of stuff for money. I have a 6bolt water pump in the classifieds if your interested, PM me.

swapping plugs only applies to 95-96. According to Magnus, 97-99 cars don't need to swap the plugs.

Swapping plugs means you take the two plugs that go to the coilpack for cylinder 4 and 1 and physically unplug them and plug them into 2 and 3, vice versa.

Sorry to bump up an old thread but I want to make sure of a few things. I currently have a complete running 6 bolt in my 1g right now.

I have a 2g shell that needs a motor.

To do the motor swap all I have to do is:

1. Grind a peice of the 2g drivers motor mount
2. Do the wiring for the CAS so my 90 cas works with the 2g ecu
3. The plate that goes between the engine/trans I need to keep from the 2g?
4. Mount the external oil cooler from my 1g as well

Is that it? I can use my 1g tb?

Im looking at the magnus 1ginto2g pdf file and why is it saying 2g alternator, 2g ps pump and 2g ac/belts?(page 4 of 11)

Also on page 5 of the pdf file when it says for a complete 6 bolt head block, what is it referring to and talking about?

Thanks

Also on page 5 of the pdf file when it says for a complete 6 bolt head block, what is it referring to and talking about?

They are referring to putting a complete 6bolt long block in a 2g. Alot of guys put the 1g 6bolt block with a 2g head.

Yes you can use the 1g TB along with the 1g IM. You need to put your 2g sensors in the 1g TB.

I'm in the process of doing a 6bolt swap now, here is the link, it may help.
http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/showthread.php?t=260127

i just finished my 6bolt swap myself (2-3weeks ago).. i have a 98 ecu with a 92 engine and a 91 CAS... i rewired it myself useing the diagram from Magnus , i didnt swap or change anything else i have no engine mannagement system and my car have no missfire or anyother problems

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back