The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Rix Racing

fuel pump rewire and mbc questions

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mystic511

20+ Year Contributor
Jan 19, 2002
Philly, Pennsylvania
I'm thinkin about doin boost gauge, joe p mbc, and fuel pump rewire all at the same time.

I'm a little confused with the rewire though. I read through most of the vfaq writeups, but i'm not sure if I can handle it. I don't feel too comfortable doin electric and fuel stuff. Is there one specific write up of the bunch that helped any of you do it or maybe you have a better one that's not on vfaq? I'm probably just going to get the fuel pump rewire kit on dsmotorsports.com since i'm not good with that kind of stuff. Dunno if they give good instructions or if they just expect you to know what you're doin.

Also, how's everyone feel about the joe p mbc? It's either that or the basic hallman model. Saw it on sale for 50 bucks.

sounds like you are going to be modding more in the future, why dont you just go buy a 190lph pump and put that in instead of doing this, that way you know you will have enough fuel. A fuel pump install is not that hard once you get down to it. Also go to ebay and get a boost controller they are about 10 bucks and work just as good as anything other MBC.

Oh sorry, haven't change the profile over yet. I have a 92 tsi awd listed in my sig. It's pretty much stock except for K&N filter and silencer removed.

I was thinkin about doin the rewire first, and just holding boost steady at like 15 psi for now. Then later on, do 550's and 190 fuel pump. Like i said, i'm not too comfortable with doin fuel stuff, so I just wanted some kind of safety to have boost up a little, and then i'm probably going to concentrate on exhaust work. Then later on down the line, 550's and fp.

And s-afc and logger after that. :thumb:

The FP rewire is actually a lot easier than you'd think it would be. I've never done any electrical stuff before, but as long as you read through the VFAQ directions a couple of times, you'll be able to do it. Everything is pretty much straight foward. I've never done a 1g rewire before but I wouldn't be hesitant to do it.

Even if you get a walbro 190lph fuel pump, you should still rewire your FP since its not getting the full wattage. Its not going to function at its full potential.

The JoeP and Hallman MBC's are pretty much reputuable. But if you want cheap, like me. Buy a generic one on ebay for $16. Thats where I got mine and I've never had a problem with it. Worked like cool beans.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back