The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support STM Tuned

FUEL PUMP ???? 93 VR-4 PUMP into a 2 G talon

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kambonate

15+ Year Contributor
Jul 15, 2004
Charlotte, North_Carolina
hello guys, i have just searched all over the forums about a fuel pump question and it was in their but nobody has answered it.. I was wondering if a fuel pump out of a 93 3000gt vr4 would fit into a 2G talon.. and would it work.. because i have a 190 lph pump that a buddy of mine gave to me, and i would love to use it if i could.. thanks

I believe the hook ups or the wiring is diffrent for 2g's then 1g's, I don't think it will work. I have one in my 1g and it hooked up just like the stocker so I don't think it will work. Somebody correct me if im wrong.

to be honist with you i am almost positive the pumps are the same, regardless of what car your putting them in, what is diffrent is the install kit that comes with them, and if there going to drop right in. read this page, you should have a beter understanding of what i mean. but yeah. im sure that pump will work. may not be supper easy

http://www.autoperformanceengineering.com/html/tca_kits.html

The pump will work, but it's definitely not super easy. I put one in my car. There's two main problems-- the bottom rubber gasket thingy needs some trimming because the v-shaped opening is at a different angle compared to the stocker. Also, the wiring harness connector thing on top hits against the metal bracket holder thing. Sorry for being stupid with the part names but I don't know exactly what they're called. It will work; it just takes some patience and a little ingenuity. Let me know if you need more info-- I can probably remember more if the right question is asked.

I have a VR4 FP in my 2G. Its not "exactly" a direct swap. You need to trim the grommet a little just make it fit the assembly. Also, the diameter of the pump is considerably larger than the stock 2g pump, so it didnt fit perfectly in the assemply, but no big deal as long as it doesnt leak. The install took a little less than an hour.

In short, its a little bit of a hack job, but definately worth it if you have one laying around.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back