The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support STM Tuned

Fuel Line Holders | 3D Printed Customizable

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kai Hefner

Freelancer
Jun 21, 2018
Calgary, AB_Canada
Hey all!

After a much needed break from car business, I’m back with more 3D printed DSM parts! I’ve done more research and made more efforts towards making stronger and more customized products via 3D printing. You guys have given me the opportunity to expand the possibilities of 3D printing for DSMs, so I'm hoping I can continue it with more customized DSM parts!

I'm gauging interest in a new product, stock-location fuel line holders, but with larger holes for aftermarket fuel lines. The below picture features one of the custom fuel line holders designed for @Dusty Landrum with provisions for the two stock brake lines, a -8AN feed, and a -6AN return. Keep in mind that these are prototype pieces, the final pieces may look different.
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

The great thing about 3D printing, is that I can customize this part for whatever fuel or brake line setup that you need. These will be manufactured out of ABS filament, which is corrosion resistant, so it won’t have issues being under the car. The pieces are 3D printed in a way that they completely resist snapping, so even if you break the plastic, the part will stay together as one piece and could be repaired, or still used in a broken state (although it will take a lot to break these). The pieces are designed to be "snap-in" for the fuel lines, just like the stock rubber holders.
These need to be mounted exactly like the stock rubber fuel line holders in the stock brackets. If for whatever reason you don't have the stock brackets, let me know! I might design the brackets too for people who need them.

Incase you didn't know what the stock rubber mounts look like:

Note that from left->right of the stock rubber mount, the line provisions are: emissions, fuel return, fuel sending, brake line 1, brake line 2.

These fuel line holders fit on 2g DSMs, and I believe on 1g DSMs as well. I took some of the stock fuel line holders out of a 1g and they were the same, despite being on the opposite side of the car. The 2gs have an additional fuel line mount with a stud, which will be included for 2gs (which will also include a metal locknut instead of the stock plastic thing).

For the first person ordering for a 1g, I'll have to work with you to make sure that you get all the fuel holders that you need. I'm pretty sure there isn't one with a stud, but I haven't taken apart much of a 1g. Let me know if you have a 1g and can help me out with a little information.

Now to get on to the nitty gritty, price. For an entire kit of holders from tank->front subframe of the car, $45 USD shipped in North America. I won't be taking payments right now, but I will be taking orders, so message me if you want these fuel line holders. I anticipate around a week before final products start being sent out. When you order, you will have to tell me about your fuel line setup so that I can accurately create the mounts for you. Since these are entirely custom pieces, once you pay, then the printing begins, which takes a day or two (incase of any issues).

Lastly, let me know about any issues or comments that you might have about these pieces! I'm eager to hear any input about the product, or if you have any ideas for other 3D printed items.

Last edited:
Glad to see more parts for DSM on the way. I removed most of my holders on my 90 gsx to try and clean up years of p/s fluid grime that has been deposited under my car. I cleaned them and put them back in, though some were breaking and may not stay together long. I can't recall if I tried to order new ones, but would not be surprised at all if they are "obsolete". I'd be happy to help provide more info if you can tell me what you need to know. The biggest problem I noticed is that the plastic part separates from the metal part, and can't be reliably re-attached. There are a few that are difficult to access where the firewall/subframe/floor all meet. All the rest are relatively simple to get at.

For other ideas, I was able to order several of the different plug wire loom parts. They are simple plastic, and all mine had been "lost" by the time I purchased the car. Improper wire routing can sometime cause difficult to diagnose gremlins. You could perhaps make some for larger diameter plug wires (I believe 7mm is standard). Also the covers for the front seat rails; front and rear (two different parts, 4 ea. per car). Seems like I have thought of other item at times that would be well-suited for 3-D printing (at least seems that way to a layman like me), but not coming to mind at the moment. I'll send along ideas if they recrystallize.

The biggest problem I noticed is that the plastic part separates from the metal part, and can't be reliably re-attached. There are a few that are difficult to access where the firewall/subframe/floor all meet. All the rest are relatively simple to get at..
The rubber part already doesn't have a great mounting mechanism with the metal bracket, it's basically what I have except it's supposed to be "expanding" to the hole. After 30 years of corrosion, it's a pretty useless mechanism. I tried to make a design that better fastens the fuel line holder to the metal bracket but the larger fuel lines create a few barriers to that. In these, I nearly mimicked the stock rubber mounting mechanism, with the exception of it being "expanding." Instead I went for a snug-fit. Once my fuel line holder is placed in the metal bracket, it's unable to rotate, it can fall out if you turn the metal bracket upside-down, but once lines are snapped in, and the holder is bolted into the car, the fuel line holder is not falling out.

I think there is only one fuel line holder that is particularly hard to get at, which is smushed between the subframe and the firewall. I don't make accessing this mount any easier, but if you go the extra mile to lower your subframe, you could take an extra step to relocate this holder to make it more accessible. Mostly the info I need from 1g guys is how many fuel holders you need, and if there are any varying rubber holders or just the one.

For other ideas, I was able to order several of the different plug wire loom parts. They are simple plastic, and all mine had been "lost" by the time I purchased the car. Improper wire routing can sometime cause difficult to diagnose gremlins. You could perhaps make some for larger diameter plug wires (I believe 7mm is standard).

Are you referring to the white dividers in the pictures below? I too would be interested in dividers that can accommodate larger than stock wires.

The last picture is not mine, here is the link. Look at the last post.
https://www.dsmtuners.com/threads/show-me-your-spark-plug-wire-routing.445194/

Yes, those. I don’t have that black one with the bend, though.
Separately, the fuel/brake line holders on my car are also white plastic, not rubber. They seem to have gotten a bit stiff with age, and it can be a little scary to “snap” the lines into the holder spaces. That said, It may be that I REALLY don’t want to break/bend/kink the lines, but they’re likely stronger than I know, and I couldn’t damage them with just hand-strength alone. Something slightly more pliable for the holder would be nice.

Rolling out the first orders! 1g holders for @Sunny and 2g holders for @Dusty Landrum. I’m taking orders so let me know if you need a set!

Attachments

• 9AAEBC49-18A3-45BC-BE06-9D1612E4A9F9.jpeg
    9AAEBC49-18A3-45BC-BE06-9D1612E4A9F9.jpeg
    764.4 KB · Views: 126
I started up an Instagram page to keep track of stuff that I'm working on, plus random car stuff here & there. @playboy_hef_ Would love it if you guys send pics of my parts on your cars!
Also, took a real nice photo of @blue90GSX 1g -6AN feed and return fuel line holders.

I posted the fuel line holders on Facebook, and some people were wondering about pictures of the fuel holders installed. I realized I didn't take any pics yet, I was kind-of waiting for some of the first customers to get their lines, and take some pics. It was designed around the stock piece so I had confidence that it would fit snugly in the stock location. As expected, the holders fitted up perfectly. I didn't want to take apart my car, so I just printed out some custom line sizes for my -6AN sending, and all other stock lines. The first photo quality is a little bit trash but you should have seen the contortion that I put my body in to take this pic with my DSLR.

Got my fuel holders and got them installed. Here is a quick review of them, and pics
Overall they do what they are supposed to and are a perfect fit! I like that the lines snap in and aren't loose. If I had to critique I would like to see a tab at the end like the oem holder to give it a more positive lock in the bracket, once bolted down tight it's a non issue, they stay there with no movement. 100x better then zip tying your lines or whatever method people use to secure the lines. Eventually when I upgrade to a -8an feed I will purchase these again.

Attachments

• 20201130_200601.jpg
    20201130_200601.jpg
    711.5 KB · Views: 156
  • 20201130_200529.jpg
    20201130_200529.jpg
    894 KB · Views: 167
  • 20201130_200505.jpg
    20201130_200505.jpg
    874.1 KB · Views: 213
  • 20201130_200448.jpg
    20201130_200448.jpg
    778.4 KB · Views: 158
  • 20201130_200430.jpg
    20201130_200430.jpg
    691.5 KB · Views: 171
  • 20201130_200304.jpg
    20201130_200304.jpg
    686.1 KB · Views: 155
  • 20201130_190908.jpg
    20201130_190908.jpg
    348.3 KB · Views: 154
  • 20201130_190827.jpg
    20201130_190827.jpg
    359.6 KB · Views: 158
  • 20201130_190734.jpg
    20201130_190734.jpg
    826.1 KB · Views: 159
Got my fuel holders and got them installed. Here is a quick review of them, and pics
Overall they do what they are supposed to and are a perfect fit! I like that the lines snap in and aren't loose. If I had to critique I would like to see a tab at the end like the oem holder to give it a more positive lock in the bracket, once bolted down tight it's a non issue, they stay there with no movement. 100x better then zip tying your lines or whatever method people use to secure the lines. Eventually when I upgrade to a -8an feed I will purchase these again.
I appreciate the feedback a lot! I've taken your feedback into consideration and improved the design of the holders. They now feature that little notch on the side to assist in locking everything down. It's not needed, but hey, might as well! His installed pictures were featured on my Instagram page @playboy_hef_ where I'll be featuring everyone who uses any of my products.
I've also taken some strides in improving the strength of the holders, it's not a high-stress part, and does not need the added strength, but I hope it's comforting to know that I'm always looking for ways to improve my printing procedure.

Attachments

• Side-Locker Thang.jpg
    Side-Locker Thang.jpg
    155.4 KB · Views: 116
Got mine installed over the weekend, here’s a couple of pics. The -6 PTFE earls pre-made lines fit perfect. Dig the detail on the box as well!

Attachments

• 6E7AFE6B-672A-464C-A6BE-DEDB0276B1D2.jpeg
    6E7AFE6B-672A-464C-A6BE-DEDB0276B1D2.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 148
  • 3E991E83-1D44-4493-ABFA-891A50EE213A.jpeg
    3E991E83-1D44-4493-ABFA-891A50EE213A.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 120
Hrmm.. you can do 8AN feed and return correct?
Yes. -8AN and -6AN combos are the most common ones that I make. I can make completely stock-replacements as well. I've also done a couple -10AN -8AN combos, which is a squeeze in the stock bracket but we make it work.

Hi Kai,

I was going to order off your site but it looks like the wording is off, I need an -8 feed and -6 return.

I'm assuming that second line means -8 feed and -6 return, but it says -8 feed and -8 return, basically the same as the third.

Thanks,
Bryan

Hey all!

After a much needed break from car business, I’m back with more 3D printed DSM parts! I’ve done more research and made more efforts towards making stronger and more customized products via 3D printing. You guys have given me the opportunity to expand the possibilities of 3D printing for DSMs, so I'm hoping I can continue it with more customized DSM parts!

I'm gauging interest in a new product, stock-location fuel line holders, but with larger holes for aftermarket fuel lines. The below picture features one of the custom fuel line holders designed for @Dusty Landrum with provisions for the two stock brake lines, a -8AN feed, and a -6AN return. Keep in mind that these are prototype pieces, the final pieces may look different.

The great thing about 3D printing, is that I can customize this part for whatever fuel or brake line setup that you need. These will be manufactured out of ABS filament, which is corrosion resistant, so it won’t have issues being under the car. The pieces are 3D printed in a way that they completely resist snapping, so even if you break the plastic, the part will stay together as one piece and could be repaired, or still used in a broken state (although it will take a lot to break these). The pieces are designed to be "snap-in" for the fuel lines, just like the stock rubber holders.
These need to be mounted exactly like the stock rubber fuel line holders in the stock brackets. If for whatever reason you don't have the stock brackets, let me know! I might design the brackets too for people who need them.

Note that from left->right of the stock rubber mount, the line provisions are: emissions, fuel return, fuel sending, brake line 1, brake line 2.

These fuel line holders fit on 2g DSMs, and I believe on 1g DSMs as well. I took some of the stock fuel line holders out of a 1g and they were the same, despite being on the opposite side of the car. The 2gs have an additional fuel line mount with a stud, which will be included for 2gs (which will also include a metal locknut instead of the stock plastic thing).

For the first person ordering for a 1g, I'll have to work with you to make sure that you get all the fuel holders that you need. I'm pretty sure there isn't one with a stud, but I haven't taken apart much of a 1g. Let me know if you have a 1g and can help me out with a little information.

Now to get on to the nitty gritty, price. For an entire kit of holders from tank->front subframe of the car, $40 USD shipped in North America. I won't be taking payments right now, but I will be taking orders, so message me if you want these fuel line holders. I anticipate around a week before final products start being sent out. When you order, you will have to tell me about your fuel line setup so that I can accurately create the mounts for you. Since these are entirely custom pieces, once you pay, then the printing begins, which takes a day or two (incase of any issues).

Lastly, let me know about any issues or comments that you might have about these pieces! I'm eager to hear any input about the product, or if you have any ideas for other 3D printed items.

Hi Kai,

I was going to order off your site but it looks like the wording is off, I need an -8 feed and -6 return.

I'm assuming that second line means -8 feed and -6 return, but it says -8 feed and -8 return, basically the same as the third.

Thanks,
Bryan
My mistake! I didn't even announce the released website LOL, just got something barebones running so I'm not surprised it was messed up. Should be fixed now! Let me know if there are any other issues you run into

Order me a set and sitting in the closet right now waiting for free time and more parts. The quality looks great and hef was a pleasure to order with!
Thank you! It means a lot, I'm always trying to improve.

Will do, may want to change that on your online store, all of it references the playboy_hef_
LOL I'm just so busy around here I always forget to deal with website stuff. Will do.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back