The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

1G Fuel Lab AFPR mounting

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBDdsmer610

15+ Year Contributor
Mar 4, 2006
easton, Pennsylvania
ok guys I'm trying to mount my AFPR under my hood somewhere im curious where some of you guys mounted yours....would really like to see some pictures of where you guys mounted yours some input would be great guys thanks

A quick google search of "1g afpr install" will get you multiple pics if you select the images icon.

I put mine where the old BCS was. But I removed that. I'd suggest making your own bracket, mine hit the hood with the provided one so I dropped it with some aluminum. Other ppl put it where the cruise control box was if they remove cruise.

I did remove the cruise control box tonight and that seems like it will prolly be the best place for it. Actually it's pretty much right over the DSM firewall sticker witch I don't really want to cover,am I'm worried about the clearance with the hood I took my dead blow and actually bent the pinch weld on the firewall to see if it would fit better. I think that's where I might end up putting it but any other input would be great and I did Google search it but didn't really see too much that I liked

A quick google search of "1g afpr install" will get you multiple pics if you select the images icon.
I tried that before, I got nothing I could use for my situation. I'd just get a lot of 2g stuff.

Working on my ecu/engine harness looming today, but this is a good picture of it. Picked up a sheet of .040 aluminum and made a few brackets. one for the map sensors and arc-2, another for the afpr, and another for the power transistor and remote mounted a liquid filled aeromotive fp gauge w/ -3an fittings/ss line.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Here's before I made the afpr bracket, you can see the 2 bolt holes to the right of the arc-2 bracket that I used for the afpr bracket:

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

What intake manifold are you using? I like that. Is it a 2 piece design?
FRH "forrester" manifold, not sure how many were made, but I found a brand new one that sat on a shelf. My build uses as many rare parts as I can find... that, extreme motorsports tubular, o2 dump housing, and fmic, brand new in box web cams street grind, etc. Essentially stuff you can't buy anymore.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back