The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support STM Tuned

Forge bov, reviews?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

daren_p

DSM Wiseman
Nov 22, 2004
Newmarket, ON_Canada
Well I'm looking at getting one of the Forge Recirculating bov's (1g flanged) & I just wanted to get some reviews from guys that are running this. I know there are a couple guys on here that have them but there's not much info here on the site. So I thought I'd start a post since as there seems to be some interest with these bov's.

I have received mine, but unfortunately I'm still installing my intercooler and haven't got to try it out yet. I can say that it looks beautiful and it did come with the extra springs.

I think your best bet would be to PM sweet97 I think he has actually used his Forge BOV.

Forge makes a very good product. There are countless guys in the VW 1.8T world running their Diverter Valves, and they work awesome. I have ran one in the past on one of my vehicles and it worked perfect for a couple years.

Yes so far all I've heard about them has been good, just didn't have any real reviews from dsm'ers, how well they work at low/high boost, how loud they are etc. I'm pretty sure I'm going to pick one up over the winter to install in the spring when the car comes out of storage :thumb:

Here's a link for anyone wanting to take a closer look.

http://www.forgemotorsport.com/content.asp?inc=product&cat=0006&product=FMDVECL102

Been running mine all year, looks and works great.

Holds 24 psi no problem.

My only complaint is that blowing off at anything under 10psi you get this high pitched whistle, presumably because the spring is really tight and only allowing the valve to open a tiny bit. Not really a problem just a little annoyance.

CanadianTSi said:

Holds 24 psi no problem.

My only complaint is that blowing off at anything under 10psi you get this high pitched whistle, presumably because the spring is really tight and only allowing the valve to open a tiny bit. Not really a problem just a little annoyance.

Do you have the adjusting kit with different springs & shims? Have you tried any other combos?

CanadianTSi said:

Holds 24 psi no problem.

my moms greddy type s does the same thing.

YOUR MOM'S? WOW! my mom's craziest thing is knitting.............unmatched colors in sequence

I can't praise Forge Motorsports products enough. Every one of their products is of the highest quality and function. Their BOV's work well and come with a spring and shim kit to set it up exactly to your combination. Also their new MBC blows everything else that is out there completely away! I highly recommend anyone thinking or needing a BOV or MBC to take a serious look at the Forge product line. If you would like any more info, hit me up or talk to Louis at Forge. They are a very knolledgable and friendly bunch of guys :thumb:

danielbui said:
YOUR MOM'S? WOW! my mom's craziest thing is knitting.............unmatched colors in sequence

yup, me my mom and my brother all have dsms, all awd too. :talon:

Well I thought I'd update this thread. I received my Forge BOV, the unit looks great and the quality seems very good as well. I've attached a few pics of the unit, it has a completely different designed compared to the 1g and has no problem holding 20 psi without any leaks. The unit came with 4 springs & shims to adjust it for your desired boost level. Compared to the 1g it sounds louder and has more of a pssst sound whereas the 1g is more of a woosh. I had issues with it not releasing properly above ~10 psi, seems to release in three bursts instead of the normal 1. I wasn't able to solve the problem but it was only on the car a couple days before I had to put it into storage. Im pretty sure its something simple like haveing to relube the piston but I won't know for sure until the spring.

Attachments

• 100_0297-1.jpg
    100_0297-1.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 1,380
  • 100_0298-1.jpg
    100_0298-1.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 1,193
  • 100_0300-1.jpg
    100_0300-1.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 1,234
I'm glad that you were happy with the valve. Let me know if there is anything else we can help you with! :thumb:

I have had one for a while and for the money $170 its top notch.

The only issue was that running 26psi needed the red spring along with 3 shims to stop opening up under WOT.

It recently just opened up on me at 4500 coming out of the hole racing an SRT4 so its possible that it needs another shim to stay completely shut at that psi level and load.

Other than that, its a great piece and super easy to adjust. :thumb:

I just ordered one as well. Went thru two 1g bov's and they both leaked above 15psi no matter how far I crushed them. After this I'll be ready to dyno tune this little pig.

Anybody having problems with it surging/fluttering after it's been adjusted? My SSQV flutter annoys me sometimes and I've been pointed toward the Forge BOV.

I tried both the recirculating version and the atmospheric venting version and could not get either to NOT surge. Much worse with the tighter spring, red I believe. Gotta give the guys at Forge credit for trying hard to get me a version to work and they are beautiful pieces. I am running a large turbo so that could be past of the reason, I had to go to a TIAL to get a BOV to hold and not surge with light throttle. I would recommend it with any turbo, 50 trim and smaller. Mark

I tried both the recirculating version and the atmospheric venting version and could not get either to NOT surge. Much worse with the tighter spring, red I believe. Gotta give the guys at Forge credit for trying hard to get me a version to work and they are beautiful pieces. I am running a large turbo so that could be part of the reason, I had to go to a TIAL to get a BOV to hold and not surge with light throttle. I would recommend it with any turbo, 50 trim and smaller. Mark

we have been using Forge on damn near every evo that comes in here and we can't say enough about it. The UNOS MBC, the RS BOV and the basic recir valve are amazing. The also have an upgrade actuator for the 2g's that have a t25/t28 and it works amazing.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back