The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

finishing engine build

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

evil tsi

10+ Year Contributor
Feb 26, 2011
findlay, Ohio
i have a list of parts that i believe is pretty complete, if im missing anything let me know. this is a 6 bolt swap
parts i already have and installed-
eagle 100mm crank
eagle h beam rods w/arp 2000 bolts
wiseco 8.8 pistons
kiggly main girdle
main studs
head studs
cometic head gasket
1g head
bsek
also have full itm rebuild gasket set that ill use some pieces from
items i need to finish build-

kiggly flexplate adapter kit
front case with gears
water pump
oem intake and exhaust stud and nuts
oil pan bolt kit
oem intake and exhaust manifold gaskets
egr block off plate
rear main seal bolts
water pump and front case bolts
6 bolt timing cover w/ bolt set
oem timing belt
oem crankshaft sprocket flange
oem turbo bolts and washers
half moon seal
cas o ring
turbo feed line from head
10an turbo drain fitting(have hose and fitting welded on pan)
valve cover bolts
balance shaft gear eliminator

must not be too incomplete then ROFL are the intake and exhaust manifold gaskets in the itm kit any good to use? ill be using a stock t25 turbo with 2g manifold until the motor gets broke in, then putting on the fp race manifold and fp 3065. also using stock injectors to break engine in at stock boost.

There's always a bunch of little items that you find out you need after ordering all your other parts. Here's a couple of things that you may have overlooked:

Castle plug and o-ring
Throttle body gaskets
Water neck gasket

Those are things that weren't included in my engine overhaul gasket kit. Can't really find any other holes in your list though, it's pretty complete.

There's always a bunch of little items that you find out you need after ordering all your other parts. Here's a couple of things that you may have overlooked:

Castle plug and o-ring
Throttle body gaskets
Water neck gasket

Those are things that weren't included in my engine overhaul gasket kit. Can't really find any other holes in your list though, it's pretty complete.

i do need the water neck gasket and castle plug/o-ring. the rebuild kit did come with throttle body gaskets. are the itm intake and exhaust manifold gaskets ok to use or are they prone to leak?

the one in the itm kit is a 2 ply and ill spend the $12 on an oem intake gasket. ive used the copper exhaust manifold ones before too and those seal really well, they're just 25 bucks and ill be swapping manifolds and turbos in like 500miles so ill wait to use a good one until its on there for good. thanks for your help:thumb:

Gotcha. For what it's worth, I have reused the 4-ply OE copper gasket before without sealing issues, and a quick search yields a couple other members who have done the same. I would go ahead and use the one that comes in the ITM kit, they're a reputable company and I'm assuming they know how to make an exhaust manifold gasket that will last over 500miles. Besides, you already have it, mind as well put it to use, right?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back