The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Finished Supra TT SMIC Install Today

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alex99gst

20+ Year Contributor
Feb 10, 2003
Nashville, Tennessee
This is more of an informative thread showing everyone my SMIC install I finished up today. Overall cost was around $160 after intercooler, shipping, and pipes. Some/most of this stuff is not a permanent fix, but a sort of it will hold together for a while until I am able to come up with something better. Disregard the zip ties, they were only to hold the piping up. The lower intercooler pipe proved to be difficult to make it want to fit up right. Here are the pics of the install. Overall I am very happy with how things went considering this was a custom install. I got it to fit with no bulge at all compared to the drivers side of the front bumper :cool: . Comments and questions are appreciated.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

alex99gst said:
This is more of an informative thread showing everyone my SMIC install I finished up today. Overall cost was around $160 after intercooler, shipping, and pipes. Some/most of this stuff is not a permanent fix, but a sort of it will hold together for a while until I am able to come up with something better. Disregard the zip ties, they were only to hold the piping up. The lower intercooler pipe proved to be difficult to make it want to fit up right. Here are the pics of the install. Overall I am very happy with how things went considering this was a custom install. I got it to fit with no bulge at all compared to the drivers side of the front bumper :cool: . Comments and questions are appreciated.

Looking good, Im going to be getting my supra smic this week :rocks: Hows the performance of the intercooler?

Honestly, I'm not quite sure of it yet. I went to clean my stock SMIC a while ago and found out it had a hole in it so that is why I went the supra route. I didn't notice any difference in power or anything but I am sure it made somewhat of a difference, atleast with gas mileage. I did however turn it up from 11 psi to 14 today and that made quite a difference. ROFL It makes me so anxious to get some fuel and tuning mods and turn it up some more. I can't imagine the guys running 20+ OMG

i noticed a huge difference in throttle response, low and top end power, and i get alot less knock compared to the stock smic. if you can get it cheaper then 100 youve got a deal.

kelvinb said:
i noticed a huge difference in throttle response, low and top end power, and i get alot less knock compared to the stock smic. if you can get it cheaper then 100 youve got a deal.
Can you say 50shipped from the supraforums. I told them I owned a supra and that I was in a crash. My sidemount was damaged because of it. Gave me a hell of a deal :sneaky: If I would have said I was putting it on my dsm the would have charged an arm and leg ROFL
Cant wait to put mines on

Very clean install...Also lemme ask you...what pieces did u use to make the LICP...(what kinda mandrel bends did you buy? Also is the car the stock ride height? (my car is drooped 1.3 inches on KYB shocks/struts) I gotta supra smic i want to put on but with the plastic endtanks and being lowered...i dont want to bottom out and break the IC into pieces... :notgood:

Looks good. I bet a scoop underneath the car would do well in forcing some more air into the intercooler. The more you can seal off the perimeter of the core the better, as you apparently know by your use of black duct tape ROFL

firebirdvert305 said:
Very clean install...Also lemme ask you...what pieces did u use to make the LICP...(what kinda mandrel bends did you buy? Also is the car the stock ride height? (my car is drooped 1.3 inches on KYB shocks/struts) I gotta supra smic i want to put on but with the plastic endtanks and being lowered...i dont want to bottom out and break the IC into pieces... :notgood:

I was sort of in a hurry to get this done, so I didnt use mandrel bends on it. They are pressbent autozone bends, but I only went with them because they did not look like normal press bends. They did something and dimpled the pipe to where it didn't loose a lot of inside diameter. So I opted to go ahead and get them in 2 1/4" size. Car is stock ride height. I would think with an added 1.3" drop that unless you were careful you could easily damage it on things like potholes, driveways, railroad tracks etc....

WatchItExplode said:
The more you can seal off the perimeter of the core the better, as you apparently know by your use of black duct tape ROFL

HA, when I put the stock ducting back up i saw that there was some huge gaps and i figured this was the easiest way to make it work and with about 8 layers of it on it holds pretty firm.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back