The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support Rix Racing

Finished Engine Bay 89 Mirage

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wibblersnatch

20+ Year Contributor
Sep 14, 2002
Fleming, Ohio
So the engine bay is finished. At least until we take it back apart later on down the road. We decided to paint it a semi-gloss black and clear it. Finished it up today. Heres some pics:

And no. I did not paint over the VIN plate. It is masked off :)
4743961515_d13865e147_b.jpg

I painted the underside of the hood too. And once again, I masked off the labels. They're just too bad ass to get rid of.
4743961111_057fa253dd_b.jpg

The hood isn't that bright. It matches the bay.

DID YOU USE A SPRAY CAN? WHY DOES THE HOOD LOOK LIKE YOU SPRAYED IT WITH A BOTTLE? OTHER THAN THAT VERY CLEAN MAN KEEP IT UP....!!!

Yeah it's all rattle canned. It was dark when I took the pic of the hood and it lit up the flash. Sweet man! We may have to have a party!

well it depends on wherether he wants a performance car without caring for looks, then rattle can is fine, but if its all about cleanliness and attention to detail, then maybe its not the best option.

ive been lurking thru your stuff, and i hope this project brings you nothing but good experience and fun,.... good luck

lookin good. can't wait to see this car come together. wish i had time to do something like this myself LOL

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back