The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support STM Tuned

Fill/Drain plug for gear oil... [Merged 12-6]

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

It's been a little while since I looked at mine, but I think that the fill and drain plugs are both on the side of the transmission facing the front of the car. They should be 24mm plugs.

if this is for a 5 speed they are 19MM, that or 17mm, anyways the drain plug is on the bottom front of the trans, and the filler is about a foot up the tranny from the drain. Make sure you get the filler off first cause it is a lot harder, and sometimes people get stuck when they can get the fluid out, but cant get the bolt of to put it back in.

you sure it wasnt your fill plug you pulled out? Cause i dont think your trans would have worked for very long without fluid

Originally posted by Franks90GST
I pulled my drain plug and no fluid came out, what should I do?
Is and AWD tranny different from and FWD tranny?

:laugh:
It should be the same just look on the bottom of the tranny for a larger sized bolt and that should be it. If you remove it and not a drop of fluid falls out then get ready to go junkyard tranny searching.

:(

Hey guys I need to change my gear oil in my 95 gst but I can't for the life of me find the fill and drain plugs. Can someone post some pics of these so we can archive them, I've done a search and it seems to be a common problem for us new owners. Thanks!

music4life said:
Hey guys I need to change my gear oil in my 95 gst but I can't for the life of me find the fill and drain plugs. Can someone post some pics of these so we can archive them, I've done a search and it seems to be a common problem for us new owners. Thanks!

I assume you're talking about your tranny oil.
http://www.plymouthlaser.com/lubes.htm

well i look under my car and i have what it seem tranny oil leaking from the nut that says oil drain under the tranny! i tried tightning it and it still leaks! anyone know wat kind of washer or gasket thing thats on the drain plug soo i can change it and hopefully fix the leak?

This is a little off topic, but once u drain the oil, where do u put more in??? In the manual that I have it says that the one at the bottom is where u put it in...

Wilfus65gs said:
This is a little off topic, but once u drain the oil, where do u put more in??? In the manual that I have it says that the one at the bottom is where u put it in...

No, if you follow the tranny's contour upward you'll see a plug that says oil on it. It's on the side of the tranny. It's also smaller than the drain plug. :thumb:

Wilfus65gs said:

If you have a manual trans and have the battery and tray out you can remove the speedometer cable from the top of the trans and fill it from there.

You're only supposed to use the dealer fluid in your NV-T350 manual tranny. There used to be a very specific, and expensive fluid sold by the dealer; fortunately, you can now pick up A/T tranny fluid meant for later version Neons, etc. from your local Dodge dealership.
I don't have the specific part number on hand, but I know some of the others do - they'll post it soon.

A few of us have had success with BG Synchroshift or Pennzoil Synchromesh (like me), but if I wouldn't risk it; take a trip to the dealer.

Attachments

• transfluid9qe.jpg
    transfluid9qe.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 1,069
i tried to search this subject but couldnt find anything or wasn't typing in right words .anyway i want to try some penzoil synchromesh but i dont want to take out ther wrong things and really mess something up. thanks

Looking at your motor theres one right on the transmission's face, and one under the car on the left side of the transmission(when your facing the motor ). There bigger bolts then the rest just so you dont get confusied. Hope this helps.

thank you.i appreciate your reponse,i just didn't want to mess something up.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back