The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

Few questions on meth injection

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boosted DSM 32

10+ Year Contributor
Aug 21, 2011
McDonald, Ohio
I've been talking to a few friends and meth is seeming more of a good idea for me to run on my gsx since ill be running 93 octane all the time.. The closest e85 is over half an hour away so that's out of the question.

I've been reading that some people use washer fluid as a substitute? Also water? If so how much less benefit do you get from using those instead of actual meth?

If those will work I would love to use water because basically it's free LOL how much benefit could I get using water? Could I significantly raise boost as timing without seeing knock? I'm going to guess and say water will be the least helpful out of the 3.. With water injection does anyone have an idea of what kind of power I could put down with my e316g with speed Density? I have a very good tuner in town

If anyone could help me with some questions that would be awesome I hope I could see some good gains from water injection

I use AEM water/meth kit. I mix my boost juice my self. SuperTec -20* winsheild wiper fluid with 4 lil yellow bottles called HEAT. My water meth set up is direct port. Each intake mannifold runner is bunged and holds a 300cc squirter.

This system works great, I use a holeset HX40 turbo and my boost setting is 33psi. I run it like this everyday. Peak timing is 19* on top end. My check engine light is programed to blink at only 2 counts of knock. I never see knock at all.

Water/Meth for the win for sure. And yes the homemade boostjuice works just as good as the pre mixed crap you buy for $35 a gallon.

I have cleared 500awhp on a mustang dyno over a year ago. Done a lot since then. I honestly expect to see 600 around 38psi and I plan on doin this with my direct port water injection system on pump gas

meth injection is awesome. check out van depol fuels website to see if they have a distribution near you. they carry %100 meth. lucky for me one of there distribution center is 4 miles away. $35 for a 5gallon drum.

Last edited by a moderator:
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back