The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

feels like turbo cuts out

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

talontedtsi1995

15+ Year Contributor
Sep 14, 2005
reading, Pennsylvania
hello, I have a 1995 Talon fwd turbo with a t-28, 3 inch exhaust no cat, intake,fuel pump and regulator..when I go wot in 1st gear the turbo seems to pull hard and you can feel it pulling then after it kicks in it seems to stop pulling hard and it just spools through the rest of the gears.. any reason as to what could be stopping it from pulling hard? thanks

Hey what kind of injectors are you running? if your running stock 450's they you are most likly hitting fuel cut because the engine is starving for fuel you ecu is shutting everything down untill boost decreases. Get some injectors and something to tune with and everything should clear up with proper tuning.:thumb:

As far as the pressure loss in the valve cover it could be you intake manifold gasket? other than that someone else could chime in here.

Hope this helps

I was told I would not need bigger injectors with the set-up I have..but it could be a possibility, I am not running a boost controller, I have the vaccum line going straight from T-28 turbo housing to internal wastegate, as of now it is reading about 13-14lbs of boost but feels like half that..

yea 2.5 dp then 3 inch from dp back.. its not fuel cut then it just feels like the car is not pulling as strong or strong at all...

Listen really careful and do a boost leak test again. This time listen to the back of the valve cover by the injectors. Last time I had a leak it was coming from my injector o-ring seals, they were hard like plastic. Replaced them and the leak went away.

alright thanks I will try that after work but I did it many times and listened with a funnel also to help pin point it but it got to the point of giving up from trying everything..ill let you know what I find..thanks

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back