The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

Fast hp gains?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Junky DSM

Probationary Member
Mar 27, 2018
Marianna, Florida
obviously turbos and 420a’s don’t mix well. What do you all recommend for a maybe 250hp goal? That’s pushing it. Don’t get me wrong I love the feel of 145hp going down the road but I could use more power.

The highest NA hp recorded was done by bullet and he had 219 to the wheels. This was after extensive modifications including a built engine and high compression pistons.

The 420a with normal bolt ons and a way to tune will get you to the 175ish range.

Really if you want to stay NA you are better off swapping in a 2.4L engine
http://www.2gnt.com/index.php?d=2.4L_Discussion_by_Skrilla

Also if you build the engine and get a way to tune, the 420a handles a turbo just fine. It’s turboing on a stock block that doesn’t mix well due to the weak rods.

obviously turbos and 420a’s don’t mix well. What do you all recommend for a maybe 250hp goal? That’s pushing it. Don’t get me wrong I love the feel of 145hp going down the road but I could use more power.
Edit: I’m just trying to kill all of these civics and auto mustangs running around.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back