The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

Exhaust Manifold to Head Bolts

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Paintballaa5

10+ Year Contributor
Jan 23, 2012
Houston, Texas
Well i pulled my exhaust manifold, and it had 3 bolts holding it on, with the rest of them studs. And now I'm going to put it back on, and now one of them doesn't fit. It seems to short?

I replaced the stock manifold with the Evo 3 manifold. Is a longer, or different sized bolt necessary to put it on? Or could have something else gone wrong? Its the second from the left hole, on the bottom side. All of the others went in just fine, and it's nice and snug.

Well i pulled my exhaust manifold, and it had 3 bolts holding it on, with the rest of them studs. And now I'm going to put it back on, and now one of them doesn't fit. It seems to short?

I replaced the stock manifold with the Evo 3 manifold. Is a longer, or different sized bolt necessary to put it on? Or could have something else gone wrong? Its the second from the left hole, on the bottom side. All of the others went in just fine, and it's nice and snug.

If the flanges for both manifold are the same thickness then you should be able to reuse your old bolts/nuts. Maybe you mixed up the order of how they came out? Were any of the studs different lenghts or something?

If the flanges for both manifold are the same thickness then you should be able to reuse your old bolts/nuts. Maybe you mixed up the order of how they came out? Were any of the studs different lengths or something?

The studs are all the same and fit right, along with the two bolts in the top and bottom left holes of the manifold. I don't understand why the 3rd doesn't fit now..

Oh and neither of the other two bolts will fit in it right either. If I shine a light down it i can see straight through it, and it looks as if it should go right in.

Ok look them up and check them out, heli-coil are easy to use, and you can get them from the local auto store.

Of course only if the tapped holes in the head are actually stipped out.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back