The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support STM Tuned

Exhaust Cutout off of Downpipe

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

007jimmy

10+ Year Contributor
Feb 27, 2012
Levittown, Pennsylvania
Here is my new exhaust cutout off of my downpipe. Is there any downsides to routing it like this? Seems to function fine, spool up is great and added a stock muffler in the rear for quietness.
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Its branched off right after the o2 housing and its 3" all the way out the front bumper. Open to suggestions if anyone has any. I must say having sound when i want it is awesome let alone the turbine whistling.:D
Can get more pics if needed.

Looks like that will do the job! I would put some kind of wrap on your ic piping Just to keep the heat low... Maybe down the road you might get some stress cracks from the vibration around your weld idk. Might be a good idea to have a simple hanger or weld in a gusset. Thats what I would do....

The pipes look close due to the angle of the pic. There is enough room to pull the LICP and the oil filter will not be impossible to take off either. I got heat wrap already and now i just need to fab a plate up where the exhaust exits the bumper.
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back