The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

ECUflash Evo8 ECU No Response Error...

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

InfiniteGSX

20+ Year Contributor
Dec 10, 2002
Tijeras, New_Mexico
J2534 API Version: 04.04
J2534 DLL Version: 0.50.2598 Jun 26 2009 15:02:29
Device Firmware Version: 1.10.3020
sending init sequence 1 (0001)
sending init sequence 1 (0003)
sending init sequence 1 (FFFF)
no response to any known code
interface close

Well at first I was getting this error and then saw I had to connect the reflash wire to the Open Port 2.0. We never had to do this for simple reads on the H8, only for Burning. Whatever. Did it, fixed! Read, burnt, read, burnt. Didn't change much, just disabled the immobilizer on the Stock V7 Tephra Rom. This isn't my first time playing with ECUFlash or an Open Port, but was wanting to show my friend some stuff. Clicked burn and got that code. Then tried to read, and read, and read some more. All it does now is throw that code. Car runs fine, besides my stupid 'LOL' rev limit I enabled haha. But other than that the car runs fine on the ECU.

I haven't tried evoscan yet because I'm waiting for a download link. But I've tried different usb cables. This is a brand new Tactrix Open Port 2.0. My car is the only car its seen. All I get is that error.

Pin79 was hooked to the 2.0 cable? Try making sure your system is on 'High Performance' some systems will kick the voltage/speed down on the USB ports/roothubs and not allow ecuflash to connect. I had this issue on my Asus Netbook.

Also, check your 12v cig lighter fuse under the dash. If that blows then the OBD2 port is inop.

Nothing blew, Pin79 was the same it was when I installed it. Voltage was flawless on the brand new optima redtop. There was no reason for it to quit, it just did. It started back up the next day and has been working since.

Well its at it again! Don't know WTF is going on. After my last message it started working fine. Haven't used it since to switch out a transmission, new clutch and others. Just put my injectors back in and bam, no read. EvoScan logs but wont read or write. I tested the flash wire and it is good. I keep thinking its my Open Port but a bunch of people say no, its voltage. But battery is new, alternator is new, and car is on a charger. Nothing!

Even though both are new does not mean that they're voltage is making it to the ecu/obd2 port. I have 14.5 v at the battery/fuse box. Ecu is only seeing 13.2. Have you checked the voltage at the ecu connectors? How about the obd2 port.

Let us know!

Also, have you tried differenet USB ports on the system? What about a different system all together?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back