The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

ECUflash 99 GST - No response from ECU :(

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

raiderrodney

10+ Year Contributor
May 9, 2011
Burnsville, North_Carolina
First off, I apologize if this has been asked but I've searched all evening and haven't found a solution.

I have evoscan installed on the root of the C drive, ecuflash also installed on there, and have downloaded the files from Ceddy I need. I have a 1.3 cable for logging. I cannot get any response from the ECU. I have evoscan setup correctly as MUTIII and EFI (even tried EFI CeddyMod).

I purchased evoscan today due to the Torque android app also not being able to connect to the ECU with one of the PLX bluetooth connectors :(

Anyone ever heard of this? I have no clue what to try.

Check your power door lock fuse, it is somehow connected to the OBD port.

And just a heads up, in order to use ECUFlash you will need the flash connector, but you should be able to log with that 1.3 cable.

Check your power door lock fuse, it is somehow connected to the OBD port.

Thanks, I didn't know that. Fuse is fine though (and the power door locks).

I also downloaded the ECU Unlocker from ecuflash...didn't seem to do anything. I booted up ecuflash itself just for the heck of it to try and read from the ECU and got nothing but I'm pretty sure I'd need a 2.0 openport cable for that.

When you say you aren't getting a response...does the obd port have power? Can you get any signal at all?

Are you using a laptop or some kind of tablet?

Using a laptop. I get a response from the laptop when I connect the USB cord so it has power. And it installed the drivers from tactrix the first time. Evoscan will go through connecting and actually say it has utilized but then give a "no response from ecu"

Even the bluetooth connector for the Torque app I have lights up so I'm sure it has power, just won't let me in.

So are you using the Tactrix connector? Without plugging it into your lap top, does it light up when up plug it into the OBD port?

It sounds like your OBD port isn't getting power.

The Bluetooth PLX device may be lighting up just to show a pairing for the Bluetooth devices has been made, not signifying the OBD port is good.

So are you using the Tactrix connector? Without plugging it into your lap top, does it light up when up plug it into the OBD port?

It sounds like your OBD port isn't getting power.

The Bluetooth PLX device may be lighting up just to show a pairing for the Bluetooth devices has been made, not signifying the OBD port is good.

I don't have a Tactrix cable, I was only looking to do some logging so I purchased one of the 1.3 cables on ebay. The fact that it or the PLX doesn't work definitely narrows it down to the OBD port or the ECU.

I've also used the Bluetooth PLX connector on my GS. It lights up red when connected but also has a green "link" light for the bluetooth which both light up on either vehicle. So it does seem to bb getting power from the OBD port.

If it helps any at all, when I try to connect with Torque and the PLX it goes through every protocol trying to get into the ECU.

I read somewhere last night that some very late model 99's had an incompatible ECU....probably just my luck :(

I use both evo scan and ecuflash, but I use the 2.0 cable. I thought that was the required version.

I use both evo scan and ecuflash, but I use the 2.0 cable. I thought that was the required version.

To reflash your ECU the 2.0 is required. I should be able to log with the 1.3 cable. I think I'm going to try and find a 2.0 cable and use the ECU unlocker software....I'm not sure what else it could be.

Look behind your radio. Your ecu is located back there and 4 yellow plugs connect to a black plastic box. If you have a black plastic box its the flashable ecu.

Here are the numbers from ceddys thread. http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/evoscan-ecuflash-tuning/338754-first-flashed-dsm-ecu-98-99-flashing-faq.html

1998 -> 7/97-5/98 MD346675(FWD) and MD346676(AWD)
1999 -> 6/98-4/99 MD359402(FWD) and MD359403(AWD)

I'm not even trying to flash at this point. I'm just trying to connect so I can log with evoscan.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back