The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

2G Evo X Brembo brake calipers on DSM?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Not sure if many went to the X calipers and those that did had Galant knuckles i sold them and re drilled for the 14mm bolts. Other then that its likely just adaptor brackets like the other brembos. But not zure if the X calipers need grinding down or not due to the longer ears on the caliper

We looked into this project a while back. As far as we know, the only meaningful difference between the EVO X calipers and the EVO 5-9 is the mounting bolts are 14mm (as opposed to 12). As far as we know, you can use brackets intended for the EVO 5-9 upgrade (and as ec17pse suggests), and drill them out to 14mm. You also have to use EVO X rotors. We never actually tested this setup, so we don't know if there are any interference problems and the like.

I got a set of galant front knuckles from bobby for my evo X brake upgrade. Did have to drill out bolt hole locations for the larger evo x bolt size on the front and rear. You will need evo X front rotors but use evo 8/9 rotors for the rear. Just make sure you have at least a 38 offset on your wheels and 18"s. The X calipers are beefier and I couldn't get either sets of my 17's to fit at all. IDK about keeping the stock dust shields. I pulled mine off to tweak but I have a new set of evo dust shields I had planned on using. I never got around to it, but it's been just fine without them. Upgrade to the 3g Brake master cylinder, didn't need the brake booster.

We looked into this project a while back. As far as we know, the only meaningful difference between the EVO X calipers and the EVO 5-9 is the mounting bolts are 14mm (as opposed to 12). As far as we know, you can use brackets intended for the EVO 5-9 upgrade (and as ec17pse suggests), and drill them out to 14mm. You also have to use EVO X rotors. We never actually tested this setup, so we don't know if there are any interference problems and the like.

Awesome I will be attempting this conversion

I can tell you 100% from experience that the REAR will not direct bolt on like the evo 8/9 rears will. For the rear you will have to dremel out the mounting hole in the dust shield slowly to align with the evo x mounting locations. And then as stated earlier, you can use the evo 8/9 rotors.

I can tell you 100% from experience that the REAR will not direct bolt on like the evo 8/9 rears will. For the rear you will have to dremel out the mounting hole in the dust shield slowly to align with the evo x mounting locations. And then as stated earlier, you can use the evo 8/9 rotors.
Thanks, I think I'm just going to swap my front calipers for now

Just to kinda clear this up about the rear calipers, evo 8/9 will bolt right on just the 2g or does the same apply for the 1g? Other than the ebrake issue on 1g ofcourse.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back