1. Join the Community!

DSMtuners is a massive archive of DSM information - but more importantly, it's a COMMUNITY! Join in and participate with other DSMers, and invite all of your DSM friends to make this place their home. Chat with others, create a build thread, post questions and answers. Get involved! Logging in will also remove many of the advertisements, along with this notice. ;)

1G Evo 3 o2 housing/downpipe stud thread & pitch size?

Posted by Red_EcliPzE_GsX, Nov 20, 2019

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI
  1. Red_EcliPzE_GsX

Red_EcliPzE_GsX Proven Member

Joined Nov 25, 2002
    Irving, Texas
    Hey everyone,

Finally scooped me up a decent condition Evo 3 o2 housing for my 1g, but as you can see in the pics one of the studs at the bottom where the downpipe bolts up to seems a bit damaged.

I want to attempt to repair it by going to pick up a tap and die set, but can anyone confirm the thread and pitch size of those studs?

Some of the google searching I was doing lead me to a M12 x 1.00? But looking to get this confirmed, thanks!

Attached Files:

• evo3.jpg
      evo3.jpg
      File size:
      375.2 KB
      Views:

378  3

1990 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX
    manual · 1G DSM
  2. ec17pse

ec17pse Freelancer

Joined Nov 1, 2008
    London, Europe
    Bottom studs are metric fine M12x1.25

Road Race Build 9K  10  51

1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse GST
    175 whp · 180.1 lb/ft · 2G DSM
    steve and Red_EcliPzE_GsX like this.
  3. Bud92gsx

Bud92gsx Proven Member

Joined Jan 16, 2008
    Wisconsin, Wisconsin
    I have to remind you that the E3 housing is at a different angle than most of our bolt on downpipes. It can be done, but I'm just letting you know.

4K  18  14

1992 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX
    13.300 @ 102.400 · 1G DSM
    steve, Canadian_CD9A and ec17pse like this.
  4. Red_EcliPzE_GsX

Red_EcliPzE_GsX Proven Member

Joined Nov 25, 2002
    Irving, Texas
    Yes I am well aware. Currently running the Megan racing downpipe so I know the flange of the downpipe will slip onto the studs no problem. And I am prepared to have the downpipe altered at a local exhaust shop to get it to mount properly without hitting the t-case.

378  3

1990 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX
    manual · 1G DSM
    Bud92gsx likes this.