The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

1G Evo 3 o2 housing/downpipe stud thread & pitch size?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Red_EcliPzE_GsX

20+ Year Contributor
Nov 25, 2002
Irving, Texas
Hey everyone,

Finally scooped me up a decent condition Evo 3 o2 housing for my 1g, but as you can see in the pics one of the studs at the bottom where the downpipe bolts up to seems a bit damaged.

I want to attempt to repair it by going to pick up a tap and die set, but can anyone confirm the thread and pitch size of those studs?

Some of the google searching I was doing lead me to a M12 x 1.00? But looking to get this confirmed, thanks!

Attachments

• evo3.jpg
    evo3.jpg
    266.5 KB · Views: 115
Bottom studs are metric fine M12x1.25

I have to remind you that the E3 housing is at a different angle than most of our bolt on downpipes. It can be done, but I'm just letting you know.

Yes I am well aware. Currently running the Megan racing downpipe so I know the flange of the downpipe will slip onto the studs no problem. And I am prepared to have the downpipe altered at a local exhaust shop to get it to mount properly without hitting the t-case.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back