The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

evo 16g question on spool up

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gnes100

15+ Year Contributor
Feb 3, 2004
San diego, California
I purchased an evo 16g for my completely stock 90 plymouth laser it has stock exhaust and intake . I installed the turbo when i put the motor in.

question is w/ stock exhaust, piping etc etc where should the turbo hit full boost. Mine hits full boost at 4000 rpm which i thought was kinda hight and it doesnt start boosting till 3k ... is that about right for being stock w/ just a turbo ? im getting the supporting mods here as soon as it passes smog on stock booost

everything about your car is restrictive, so that is about right. once you open everything up, and get a decent tune, it will drop drastically.

please tell me you have an aftermarket boost gauge and your not using the stock one? cause if you are, it is not right.

I just bough the car not too long ago for 100 bucks off this guy w/ a blow motor. I got a used japanese motor and installed a clutch/flywheel -- turbo and removed the balance shafts before installing the motor.

I am runing stock boost -- i do have a stock boost gauge, it may be inacurate but im sure it would be close to right when the turbo peaks and i can definately feel the peak power around 4k

i figured it was that everything was restrictive, but i was having such bad luck w/ the last 2 motors that were bad that i put in this car i wouldn tbe surprised if i got me a bad turbo

I would not trust anything the stock boost gauge says. If I was you I would buy and install a real gauge and then go from there.

Seth

Again .. a couple years late but, it ended up being a boost leak, I had a bunch of pinholes in the stock aluminum intercooler which I never saw until doing a boost leak test, it still passed smog, but its surprising how much a pesky little boost leak will mess things up!

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back