The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

Ev03 Tap size?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

newdsmtnr96

15+ Year Contributor
Apr 16, 2005
Des Moines, Iowa
I keep searching and finding people who take the stud out. I don't want to do that. My re-threader said that it is a 1.25 thread but I don't know exactly what to ask for at a Menards or parts store. Can some one help me out with this? Also if I were to heat these up would it be easier to use a bolt or keep the stud? Hope this makes sense.
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

that doesnt look like it can be fixed with a tap set. the threads are gone from the looks of it. i would take it off and take it to the local muffler shop and have them try to heat it up and take it out or burn it out and then you can get it tapped or use a nut and bolt. otherwise your looking at buying a new/used one in better shape. they can easily be found all over the board. i think i might even have one im not using.

If you want studs on the o2 housing then remove those and install new ones. OEm part is MD089315

And it looks as there is RTV on there? Skip that.

I been trying to get my wideband to work right. I fixed all the leaks now and ended up taking it to a machine shop to pull the studs out. I bought to bolts that connect to the 02 and works good now.. But wideband is another issue. Still having problems with that. (The trv sealant was a trial thing) Was told it was good on turbo manifolds and ect.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back