The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support ExtremePSI

2G Engine mount and stoppers

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dgdsm

10+ Year Contributor
Aug 24, 2008
Tarzana, California
Time for a newbie question:
I replaced the front left engine mount in my Spyder GS a couple of days ago. I didn't have new stoppers and installed the mount without them. I've taken now the old stoppers, cut a slit into them and slid them over the main mount bolt area (picture attached). I don't see a way for them to come off although it wouldn't be good if pieces of rubber were to fly into the belts and pullies. Do the stoppers have any other function besides "to stop the mounts from slapping up against the body in high torque situations" (from another thread) ? I could get new stoppers, take the mount off and reinstall if they're important.

Everything in the car seems a lot smoother/ safer with the new mount (old one was cracked). I don't know though about the condition of the other mounts, and I've never even located the rear engine roll stopper mount. I'd like to know if there's a way to look at and replace that one without getting the car up in the air.

Attachments

• WP_20170328_002.jpg
    WP_20170328_002.jpg
    323.2 KB · Views: 61
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back