The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

Engine Holding RPMs

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

93RS

10+ Year Contributor
Oct 3, 2011
Brandon, South_Dakota
Hey guys, I just bought a 95 Eclipse RS fully optioned out. Really nice car but when your driving and you go to shift it doesnt let the rpm come down which makes it a little harder to shift. You barely tap the gas pedal just a little bit and it revs to 2k and holds there for a good 3-5 seconds. Other then that my only concern is that is seems slower then my other 420a but that one also has full exhaust. Any help or suggestions would be great.:cool:

Nope haven't tried anything with it. I would consult you guys first. Its getting an oil change and trans flush tom, doubt rather either of those will help but I'll be under the hood. I thought I have another 420a any parts i could swap and try??? How do I clean the IAC???

Last edited:
Just unbolt it and take some carb cleaner and a OLD toothbrush and spray it in there and clean with the brush, then but it all back together. Easy as that.

EDIT: Its right under the TPS if I remember correctly.

When my egr had a vacuum leak, it would hold the rpms the same way so I would check that just in case.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back