The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

Engine bay colors

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bigmike4g63t

Supporting Member
Apr 17, 2010
Batesville, Mississippi
Just wondering what you guys think about 2 different colors that I'm trying to choose between. When putting the car back together I will be media blasting and powder coating what I can. The red color will be as close as I can find to my car color. Black will be another color and then either bronze or chrome.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

I lose interest when someone talks chrome :p
Red and black would be my vote but I'm also all over the place depending on where I get my parts. I have not color coordinated a damn thing.

I have two different shades of red/blue AN since they're from two different manufacturers, my bov is black, my wg is blue, my fuel filter is red, my valve cover is bare aluminum.. need i say more

I had a hard enough time finding some of this shit for a good enough price so I just consider myself lucky to have it at all.
LOL

Chrome, polished aluminum, pretty much the same thing. Catch cans are polished aluminum, intercooler pipes as well I believe. Thye are still in the box unopened. I'm not sure if there is paint around that shade. I have not looked hard yet. I had forgotten about those when even thinking about this part. They do have the red and black AN fittings. Guess we will see if it looks like a hot mess or not.....

I’ve always liked brushed aluminum and wrinkle black in the bays with zinc coated hardware.

Wrinkle anything catches and holds dirt and grime horribly.
It was a pain to keep my old vc clean but some people like to do that sort of thing.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back