The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

End clutch snap ring replacement

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1fastlaser

20+ Year Contributor
Jan 25, 2003
glendora, New_Jersey
Well my luck I was going in a freshing up the end clutches, started to pull the snap ring off and it went flying. Ive had this happen before but like im sure everyone has, but this time I am not finding it. Does anyone have the part number needed for replacement?

27291SF is what I can see from this diagram.

Attachments

• endclutch.jpg
    endclutch.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 88
Oh you gotta be kiding me.
That is the cltch pack right under the cover correct?
I not more then a few hours ago ripped my big o-ring reassembling it.
And wondered where i would find the part number.
NICE! Thank you

The one is actually the 27291SG that im looking for thanks. Now I called one dealership and they said there discontinued not good. I gotta keep calling. Otherwise Im going to have to go to a junkyard pull one from a another AT car and hopefully it works.

I have so many from the 5 speed junk pile I have but I dont think there the same part number.

Yep!

Thanks to John up at IPT, He found one for me. You guys are life savers! The gummy kind.

For fun, I got a retaining ring at work and slapped it together, it will hold, but Im not trying to do it that way. Im going to the junkyard when it gets warm, and getting some extras!

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back