The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

emissions

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hooah

20+ Year Contributor
Feb 10, 2003
Olathe, Kansas
has anyone else removed a emissions like charcoal cannister (good idea or not) not egr..would u do again what are drawbacks etc. thanks

That is the biggest piece of crap ever. Has a million vac. lines everywhere. I figured if it doesnt NEED to be there, I'm gonna take it out. I got rid of the weight and the mess. Much better now.

so you guys arent having any probs at all? cold start? im getting dsmlink so cels make no diff. to me...my car has been down for awhile...(like most dsm's) so we figured to rip it all out becuase of the link ..only if there was NO probs

and ps. i have arky plates and live in kansas ..i dont have to take smog tests or take inspections :thumb:

so could i get away with deleting my emissions like on the taboo website and still pass emissions or should i take it all off after my car gets sniffed?

Removing the pruge had no ill effects on your car, but if you want to clean up your car's intake and reduce the amound of bad, hot air your car is burning then you can block your EGR and route your PCV and valve cover breather to the ground for a lower intake temperature and a happier car:thumb: Infantry Hooah!

Yea I just got rid of all that crap. I followed the diagram from taboo speed shop and it runs great. The check engine light is on but it still runs fine.

Originally posted by Defiant
Keep the parts for next smog, Dan.

I should be able to have a friend hook me up with emissions, but I save all my stock stuff anyway. I will sure have a bit of work to do when smog comes around.... :-/

--Dan

Originally posted by 1gE.T.
Yea I just got rid of all that crap. I followed the diagram from taboo speed shop and it runs great. The check engine light is on but it still runs fine.

what is this taboo speed shop? linky?

Originally posted by Defiant
That's a helluva friend if he'll risk the fines, his shop and his career on your smog slip. I've not _heard_ of a cheater shop out here in fifteen years.

Indeed. Every place I've gone to, is anal about having all that stuff.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back