The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support ExtremePSI

Electrical wires just hanging around

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

danny_l_2005

15+ Year Contributor
Mar 23, 2004
weslaco, Texas
So I got some wires just hanging around the engine bay. Can anyone please tell me which wire goes where? This is for a 1990 Talon AWD. thanks

Attachments

• 080107_152507.jpg
    080107_152507.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 134
  • 080107_152640.jpg
    080107_152640.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 140
  • 080107_152538.jpg
    080107_152538.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 141
  • 080107_152604.jpg
    080107_152604.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 144
Last pic:

Big one is coolant temp sensor.
Small one is coolant idiot light.

Thanks guys, now can anyone tell me what sensor would the one from the third pic be? And the brown wire from the second picture goes to?

There are three sensors that are screwed into your thermostat housing. In the lower housing: one is the coolant temp sensor (for the ECU)- it has a connector that has two perpendicular spades (towards the passenger side), and the temp sending unit (for the dash) has a one spade connector and is on the driver side. In the upper housing, you have the ac switch.

Last Pic:
The big one is the temp sensor for the ecu (perpendicular spades)
The small (one spade connector)is the temp sensor for the temp gauge in the dash

Third Pic:
The sensor is for the AC switch

I need a better pic for #1. For #2, where is the wire going to?

the first picture shows all the wires that aren't connected, i think i just figured out most of them except for the brown one from the second picture. All the wires come from the same harness of where the o2 sensor connector, coolant wires, as well as the wires from the injectors. As you can see in the second picture, it seems that the previous owner added a piece of brown wire to the naked wire that is coming out of harness

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back