The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

El Paso

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Any of u that live on the Westside that are willing to help a fellow dsmer out?

Im gettin alot of fuel I think my car wants to start but u can hear the fuel kinda like a waterfall in the fuel rail I already changed fpr[DOUBLEPOST=1407469768][/DOUBLEPOST]Just basically need someone to give me a second opinion as to y it don't start

yea thats what it is i have no spark fml

It could be a number of things. Start with the easiest.

Check the engine fuse underneath the bay. About 2 months ago i had a short that kept blowing that fuse preventing me from starting the car.

Next I would test the coil pack with a multimeter.

The problem could also lay within the crank sensor, but I would check the ecu first since its easier to get at. Inspect the capacitors.

What are your mods? You still have the 7 bolt on your car? I may have a spare coil pack if thats your problem.
I have a six bolt im gonna check my coils right now[DOUBLEPOST=1407715713][/DOUBLEPOST]
It could be a number of things. Start with the easiest.

Check the engine fuse underneath the bay. About 2 months ago i had a short that kept blowing that fuse preventing me from starting the car.

Next I would test the coil pack with a multimeter.

The problem could also lay within the crank sensor, but I would check the ecu first since its easier to get at. Inspect the capacitors.
Sounds good hopefully its something easy miss driving her[DOUBLEPOST=1407720238][/DOUBLEPOST]So one of my coils has power but no spark

Last edited:
I've heard people breaking those fairly easy. was there a defective batch? how can a forged crank break in pieces?

6 bolts don't have many options. Plenty of people run the eagle. I wish Manley made a 6 bolt crank. I think there would be more complaints if the crank was truely bad.

Does anyone have a 2.5" t-bolt clamp?

RPM sells them. Got mine I think for like 5 bucks.

I have a six bolt im gonna check my coils right now[DOUBLEPOST=1407715713][/DOUBLEPOST]
Sounds good hopefully its something easy miss driving her[DOUBLEPOST=1407720238][/DOUBLEPOST]So one of my coils has power but no spark

You test a coil by testing resistance of the primary and secondary coil. Testing that the coils are getting power is semi pointless, since the power source comes from the ignition switch circuit. So if it was a power issue then everything else powered by the ignition circuit(which is alot of stuff) wouldn't work.

Typically when you lose spark entirely and all fuses and ecu are good, its the result of a bad power transistor.

Finaly broke in to the 12s!!!!

:dsm:

Attachments

• FullSizeRender.jpg
    FullSizeRender.jpg
    897.4 KB · Views: 180
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back