The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

El Paso Roll Call

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

welcome jose hope to see you on the 13th and im down for a arroyo but all 20 would sound better than only 5 sounds but it would be more expensive right?

Hey Tony, I am going to try to do my best to get out there. It is going to be fun to do some shake downs. When you see the car you will be suprised to how simple it is. Most DSM guys look at the engine expecting to see some secret ingredient or some mod they have missed, but I have none. No secrets just a conventional approach to making a solid road course car. I still and have the original motor with balance shafts and all, stock head, stock turbo & 02 Housing, stock intake and exhaust manny, stock fuel system except for 97' 3000gt fuel pump. Just litened her up, raised the boost. If you see me hit me up and we can shoot the $h!t about the cars.
Just in case here is what my Talon looks like.

so your also going on the 13th of feb or you mean march?

Yea, this sunday. I saw they have some sort of grudge match/open test & tune thing going on. This is from the SWD website:

Feb. 13, 2011. EL PASO MOTORPLEX OFFICIAL TIMES!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's official fellas Gates open at 11a.m.
Racing starts at 3p.m.
Staging lanes close at 9p.m.
$20 to Race
$6 to Spectate.
Hope to see you all out there!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I wont stay late. I have to drive back to base afterwards and have work early the next day.

Jose

Attachments

• 04FPshotoutMeShep4.jpg
    04FPshotoutMeShep4.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 193
^^well ill definitly go, non dsm tho... my bearings should get here on the 11th but text me (915)255-5519 ill be down to go and see was up im really interested in seeing your car ...

and i see your stationed in holloman i live like 5 minutes away from that prison in chaparral its on the way to el paso...your welcome to stop by anytine if you need anything

Hey Tony, I am going to try to do my best to get out there. It is going to be fun to do some shake downs. When you see the car you will be suprised to how simple it is. Most DSM guys look at the engine expecting to see some secret ingredient or some mod they have missed, but I have none. No secrets just a conventional approach to making a solid road course car. I still and have the original motor with balance shafts and all, stock head, stock turbo & 02 Housing, stock intake and exhaust manny, stock fuel system except for 97' 3000gt fuel pump. Just litened her up, raised the boost. If you see me hit me up and we can shoot the $h!t about the cars.
Just in case here is what my Talon looks like.

Yea, this sunday. I saw they have some sort of grudge match/open test & tune thing going on. This is from the SWD website:

Feb. 13, 2011. EL PASO MOTORPLEX OFFICIAL TIMES!

It's official fellas Gates open at 11a.m.
Racing starts at 3p.m.
Staging lanes close at 9p.m.
$20 to Race
$6 to Spectate.
Hope to see you all out there!

I wont stay late. I have to drive back to base afterwards and have work early the next day.

Jose

thats a nice shot of your car and johns... very nice.. :thumb:

That pic of you and Shep is nice! I saw Shep a number of times when I lived on the east coast but I never thought to get a picture like that. Props!

I wouldn't mind one final trip to the track on the stock injectors/ECU. Since my last trip I got a FMIC, some better tires, crushed my BOV, and fixed a bunch of boost leaks. It would be really nice to finally break into the 13's... DSMlink v3lite and FIC 850 injectors have been ordered (v3 is still a week backordered though) and then the boost goes up and the ET's go down for sure :thumb: I'll try to make it out for a few passes on Sunday but I've got some work to do on my truck so I can't stay all day. The front axle/differential seal just stared leaking on my truck and it looks like it's going to be a mother to replace.

That pic of you and Shep is nice! I saw Shep a number of times when I lived on the east coast but I never thought to get a picture like that. Props!

I wouldn't mind one final trip to the track on the stock injectors/ECU. Since my last trip I got a FMIC, some better tires, crushed my BOV, and fixed a bunch of boost leaks. It would be really nice to finally break into the 13's... DSMlink v3lite and FIC 850 injectors have been ordered (v3 is still a week backordered though) and then the boost goes up and the ET's go down for sure :thumb: I'll try to make it out for a few passes on Sunday but I've got some work to do on my truck so I can't stay all day. The front axle/differential seal just stared leaking on my truck and it looks like it's going to be a mother to replace.

That pic is from one of the Forced Performance Shootouts. I was the fastest 14b there and John was the Fastest there period!
Yea if you can make it out that would be awesome. I will be the new guy at the track. Tony too would be cool. Then there would at least be some folks who could speak DSM. I am curios to see how she does after been parked so long. Especially with the things I have had to contend with after it being stored so long. It has been some working to get her running smooth again. I dont really do any track prep. I will drive from holloman there and race it how I daily drive it. On pump gas, set at 18psi, on street tires. I may pull the passenger seats. Just curios to see how she does after all this time. Hopefully get a good base line to start from.

If my injector seals come in, i'll be down to roll out this sunday.

ill be there.. LOL.. thu most likely helping gabe, but ill be there with my car... is anyone going to the cruise tonight?... now that my car was up and running thought id head out there... anyone going?

Got my injector seals in, and put in the new injectors. So im in for tomorrow, unless something goes wrong later today. Wouldn't doubt it, but count me in for at least one run down the strip tomorrow.

damm i aint gonna be ready for march but ill be ready for june but it would be tight if someone picks me up tomorrow to go to the drags with you guys LOL

Well i knew it. One of my injector seat seals ripped. Guess tomorrow morning i'll see if i can't find a universal gormet to use as a temp fix. Damn fic's using special seals.

650's. And im not sure how it ripped. Maybe i didnt put it in carefully enough, i know i did kinda struggle getting the rail bolted down. But then again i don't think it was leaking at first. I fixed it tho, a cheap 6 dollar set or rubber gourmets from harbor freight had a close enough size. Blt'd and no leaks, so its good to go and i have like 24 extra gourmets. So i'll be at the track later today.

650's. And im not sure how it ripped. Maybe i didnt put it in carefully enough, i know i did kinda struggle getting the rail bolted down. But then again i don't think it was leaking at first. I fixed it tho, a cheap 6 dollar set or rubber gourmets from harbor freight had a close enough size. Blt'd and no leaks, so its good to go and i have like 24 extra gourmets. So i'll be at the track later today.

Ok glad you got it fixed. I was going to say that I have a brand new set of FIC 850's with the seals if you needed to use on for the day. I'll see you there at 3. I was just talking to Larry on the phone and he's going to try to make it to the track too, even though his DSM is down right now. Looks like there is going to be a pretty good DSM showing today!

It was a "Panda Party" at the track today!

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

My '91 Eclipse, Jose's '91 Talon, and Matt's '92 Eclipse.

Some videos:

[video='91 FWD DSM vs. Mustang GT]153[/video]

[video=1g FWD DSM 14b @ 15 psi 1/4 mile (In Car)]155[/video]

Nathan,
It was cool to meet you and the guys at the track today. It was also great to get the Talon back to the drag strip. Looks like I have some work ahead of me to get it fine tuned how it was before I stored it.

Nathan,
It was cool to meet you and the guys at the track today. It was also great to get the Talon back to the drag strip. Looks like I have some work ahead of me to get it fine tuned how it was before I stored it.

It was awesome meeting you as well! Here's a video of you and I both trapping 102 but you spanking me by 1.2 seconds. FWD... :banghead:

[video=1991 DSM FWD vs. AWD]156[/video]

nice front mount!!!
iwish i could of gone to the drags i didnt have a ride =[

nice front mount!!!
iwish i could of gone to the drags i didnt have a ride =[

My bad. I wasn't sure if i was going to go or not. Then last minute hopped in the car and went. If i can get some of the bugs worked out in the gsx i might go this coming sunday or next. Got some re-wiring to do to the engine harness still. Gonna try and finish that tomorrow and see if it clears some of my issues up.

The front mount looks great Ben!

Good news on my end, the dsmlink cables are back in stock so I'll be shipping my ECU off tomorrow to get the EPROM conversion and the DSMlink chip installed. I should have the 850's on and be working on my tune by the end of next week. Can't wait!

Nathan, finally getting a chance to look at the timeslips this evening. Without really touching the boost too much I was mainly playing with my fuel trims. Since the stock 3KGT fuel pump flows so much more than the stock 1G pump. Once I can finally get the duty cycles where I need them, I can fine tune by raising the boost. But I did just notice that my final run of the night netted a 104.31 mph. In addition to getting the tune where I need it to be I also need to get back in the swing of dragging. I notice my reaction times are not so great as well as my 60 foots. The funniest thing is at that track I did not know where the 1320 ended. So my first pass of the night I shut down way before the cones. That netted me a 13.46 at 90.47. Then my last pass of the night netted me a 13.47 @ 104.31. How hilarious is that. An increase of 14mph with no ET gain.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back