The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support Rix Racing

El Paso Roll Call

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nathan, finally getting a chance to look at the timeslips this evening. Without really touching the boost too much I was mainly playing with my fuel trims. Since the stock 3KGT fuel pump flows so much more than the stock 1G pump. Once I can finally get the duty cycles where I need them, I can fine tune by raising the boost. But I did just notice that my final run of the night netted a 104.31 mph. In addition to getting the tune where I need it to be I also need to get back in the swing of dragging. I notice my reaction times are not so great as well as my 60 foots. The funniest thing is at that track I did not know where the 1320 ended. So my first pass of the night I shut down way before the cones. That netted me a 13.46 at 90.47. Then my last pass of the night netted me a 13.47 @ 104.31. How hilarious is that. An increase of 14mph with no ET gain.

Yeah that does seem very odd. The track seems to be very favorable on the top end and MPH but not so much on ET. My best ET was in San Antonio and it was a 14.3 @ 101.1 with a 2.4 60'. At this track I ran a 14.7 at 102.1 and still a 2.4 60'. So same 60', slower ET, and faster MPH. Not nearly as drastic as yours, but still odd. I know once you get the bugs worked out and boost back up you'll get your times back down again. Those are still not bad considering how long your car sat.

I sent my ECU out to ECMTuning today. When I get it back and install my 850 injectors I'll be able to start working on my tune and then I'll be able to push the ol' 14b to it's limits. Plus I need a lot more practice launching, I was all over the place, 2.4-3.3 60's.

I hope you'll be able to make it back down on March 13th.

I know we've got some new members since the "March of the DSMs". Lets keep this going, just add your name to the list.

9!clipseDOHC-Nathan
yoshi_tony-tony
Mischif-Matt
b3n_91-ben
6bolt_97spyder-jose
tank2220-sergio
fwbt-jim
Copper90-Larry
t4g63-Miguel "Mike"
kpsc93TSi- kevin
jjm96gst
Beniger-Benny
Spanky_DSM - Sam
my spyder gsx9-ISAAC
KanaKa- Kanaka
Sikphok/ sekphok= Josh
dsm915rider=javi
307dsm = Luis
Alan11=Alan LOL
ArticTsi - Jose
Sortiz92 = Sergio

Hey guys im still trying to figure out this site but what do I do to sign up on the roll call.

You copy the most recent list, reply to the thread, paste the most recent list in your reply, and add your name at the bottom. :thumb:

Here is the most recent list:
9!clipseDOHC-Nathan
yoshi_tony-tony
Mischif-Matt
b3n_91-ben
6bolt_97spyder-jose
tank2220-sergio
fwbt-jim
Copper90-Larry
t4g63-Miguel "Mike"
kpsc93TSi- kevin
jjm96gst
Beniger-Benny
Spanky_DSM - Sam
my spyder gsx9-ISAAC
KanaKa- Kanaka
Sikphok/ sekphok= Josh
dsm915rider=javi
307dsm = Luis
Alan11=Alan LOL
ArticTsi - Jose
Sortiz92 = Sergio

9!clipseDOHC-Nathan
yoshi_tony-tony
Mischif-Matt
b3n_91-ben
6bolt_97spyder-jose
tank2220-sergio
fwbt-jim
Copper90-Larry
t4g63-Miguel "Mike"
kpsc93TSi- kevin
jjm96gst
Beniger-Benny
Spanky_DSM - Sam
my spyder gsx9-ISAAC
KanaKa- Kanaka
Sikphok/ sekphok= Josh
dsm915rider=javi
307dsm = Luis
Alan11=Alan LOL
ArticTsi - Jose
Sortiz92 = Sergio
Jay3 - Julian

9!clipseDOHC-Nathan
yoshi_tony-tony
Mischif-Matt
b3n_91-ben
6bolt_97spyder-jose
tank2220-sergio
fwbt-jim
Copper90-Larry
t4g63-Miguel "Mike"
kpsc93TSi- kevin
jjm96gst
Beniger-Benny
Spanky_DSM - Sam
my spyder gsx9-ISAAC
KanaKa- Kanaka
Sikphok/ sekphok= Josh
dsm915rider=javi
307dsm = Luis
Alan11=Alan LOL
ArticTsi - Jose
Sortiz92 = Sergio
EndSurvivor = Josh New to area...:hellyeah:

9!clipseDOHC-Nathan
yoshi_tony-tony
Mischif-Matt
b3n_91-ben
6bolt_97spyder-jose
tank2220-sergio
fwbt-jim
Copper90-Larry
t4g63-Miguel "Mike"
kpsc93TSi- kevin
jjm96gst
Beniger-Benny
Spanky_DSM - Sam
my spyder gsx9-ISAAC
KanaKa- Kanaka
Sikphok/ sekphok= Josh
dsm915rider=javi
307dsm = Luis
Alan11=Alan LOL
ArticTsi - Jose
Sortiz92 = Sergio
EndSurvivor = Josh New to area...:hellyeah:

Welcome Josh! So why did you delete Julian? Your car looks clean, what have you done to it?

Here is the corrected list:

9!clipseDOHC-Nathan
yoshi_tony-tony
Mischif-Matt
b3n_91-ben
6bolt_97spyder-jose
tank2220-sergio
fwbt-jim
Copper90-Larry
t4g63-Miguel "Mike"
kpsc93TSi- kevin
jjm96gst
Beniger-Benny
Spanky_DSM - Sam
my spyder gsx9-ISAAC
KanaKa- Kanaka
Sikphok/ sekphok= Josh
dsm915rider=javi
307dsm = Luis
Alan11=Alan LOL
ArticTsi - Jose
Sortiz92 = Sergio
Jay3 - Julian
EndSurvivor = Josh

9!clipseDOHC-Nathan
yoshi_tony-tony
Mischif-Matt
b3n_91-ben
6bolt_97spyder-jose
tank2220-sergio
fwbt-jim
Copper90-Larry
t4g63-Miguel "Mike"
kpsc93TSi- kevin
jjm96gst
Beniger-Benny
Spanky_DSM - Sam
my spyder gsx9-ISAAC
KanaKa- Kanaka
Sikphok/ sekphok= Josh
dsm915rider=javi
307dsm = Luis
Alan11=Alan LOL
ArticTsi - Jose
Sortiz92 = Sergio
Jay3 - Julian
EndSurvivor = Josh
Ed4G=Edwin(4G GT)

Sorry.. accident on the delete!
And for my car i have re-done the engine bay looks completely different now.. got rid of all the red..
my car has fmic
turbo xs mbc
injen intake w/k&n filter
open exhaust with greddy muffler
hks ssqv
strut bars front and rear
drilled rotors
good starting platform the car was pretty screwed up when i got it... i've got it running decent now just working on an over heating problem now..after that should be good to go!

No prob... I did buy it there. The car needed lots of work so I got them come down a bit. Plus I had been looking for awhile kind of gave in. The car's previous owner , and I apologize if it was some one on here, was a freaking idiot! Neway a few weekends and about 350 bucks so far it's looking and running much better!

Ben, how did you do the short route fmic?I Installed a fmic but it seems like there is a ridiculous amount of unessasary piping! Pm me so I don't jack this thread thanks!

Last edited:
PM sent..

Hey Nate i saw you hauling butt down zaragoza on friday by oasis haha i was walking into a store and heard a bov so i turned to look and it was you LOL

Haha yeah that was me. :cool: I was failing my state inspection because my CO levels were too high at idle so I went home and made some idle adjustments and then went back down there and passed! :thumb:

Haha yeah that was me. :cool: I was failing my state inspection because my CO levels were too high at idle so I went home and made some idle adjustments and then went back down there and passed! :thumb:

Haha nice! I never really heard your car it's sounds nice.. Mine didn't pass either when I had to get it idk why but we live in el paso nothin like some extra $$$ to get them to pass it:thumb: haha

you can mess with your ignition timing and it will pass ...............(cough cough) you didnt hear this from me! LOL

You guys are talking about inspections...I'm from Kentucky no inspections there, so I'm not sure what to look for. But I did notice on my car I have a straight exhaust no cat but some how the dealer passed it...should I be worried about it next year or just keep going with what I have...(of course there's the change jar that waits for those times when you need to "get by") I've never seen so many shady shops in one area. You can pm me or post here trying not to jack the roll call page.

Haha nice! I never really heard your car it's sounds nice.. Mine didn't pass either when I had to get it idk why but we live in el paso nothin like some extra $$$ to get them to pass it:thumb: haha
Thanks! Mine ended up passing fair and square :thumb:

you can mess with your ignition timing and it will pass ...............(cough cough) you didnt hear this from me! LOL
Plan B was advancing the timing a little but it didn't come to that.

You guys are talking about inspections...I'm from Kentucky no inspections there, so I'm not sure what to look for. But I did notice on my car I have a straight exhaust no cat but some how the dealer passed it...should I be worried about it next year or just keep going with what I have...(of course there's the change jar that waits for those times when you need to "get by") I've never seen so many shady shops in one area. You can pm me or post here trying not to jack the roll call page.
They do a "sniff test" of your exhaust so a cat is needed if you want to pass legit. I have one i use for just such an occasion. :sneaky:

Yeah, mine passed the sniff test without cat. Failed the visual inspection part tho. Makes me wonder whose deal this is anyways. Long story short, I toss a cat on (3in high flow variety). The first thing he asks me is "How do i know it's the real deal." To which I reply "You don't." Got my sticker and went on my not-so-merry way. Makes me wanna set my launch limiter at 1500 just to mess with them back. It's a personal point of contention for me.

Yeah, mine passed the sniff test without cat. Failed the visual inspection part tho. Makes me wonder whose deal this is anyways. Long story short, I toss a cat on (3in high flow variety). The first thing he asks me is "How do i know it's the real deal." To which I reply "You don't." Got my sticker and went on my not-so-merry way. Makes me wanna set my launch limiter at 1500 just to mess with them back. It's a personal point of contention for me.

I have a magnaflow high-flow cat and it has the CARB exempt stamp on the case. I was thinking the same thing about the rev limiter durring the test though, haha.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back