The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support ExtremePSI

ECU+ Engine Management

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Keep in mind what that is. It's a piggyback, similar to an E-Manage. However, it looks to be a better system than E-Manage, and for a cheaper price.

It's not an alternative to DSMLink or a proper standalone.

DSMlink is pretty damn powerful

but what cant you do with a pocket loggr and SAFC that you can do with DSMlink?

Good thing I read this post. It IS a piggyback. I missed the line about putting back your stock ECU.

Originally posted by TargeT
DSMlink is pretty damn powerful

but what cant you do with a pocket loggr and SAFC that you can do with DSMlink?

Is that a trick question? There are sooo many correct answers to that question, I don't know where to begin. If you don't know what you can do with dsmlink that you can't do with an AFC and pocketlogger, read up on dsmlink.

http://www.dsmlink.com

Brad

Originally posted by brads
Is that a trick question? There are sooo many correct answers to that question, I don't know where to begin. If you don't know what you can do with dsmlink that you can't do with an AFC and pocketlogger, read up on dsmlink.

http://www.dsmlink.com

Brad

I agree, direct timing control being the key point. but for 1st gen DSM's it almost seems that you can get away with just an SAFC and a pocket logger

I agree, direct timing control being the key point. but for 1st gen DSM's it almost seems that you can get away with just an SAFC and a pocket logger

Almost. I guess, if you don't want the adjustable rev limits, launch limiter, fuel cut removal, etc etc etc etc etc. dsmlink cleanly removes all of the limitations that the piggybacks try to work around by tweaking airflow signals in conjunction with injector sizing, fuel pressure, etc.

Direct timing control isn't even the key point on dsmlink. You have direct timing control with an AFC too, the key is that on dsmlink, the fuel and timing adjustments aren't tied together like they are on most piggybacks.

Sure, people have gotten away with it for years, and depending on how wild your setup is going to be, it can be good enough. But with more radical setups with larger injectors, its hard to compensate with the AFC so that it runs good all the time.

Brad

Almost. I guess, if you don't want the adjustable rev limits, launch limiter, fuel cut removal, etc etc etc etc etc. dsmlink cleanly removes all of the limitations that the piggybacks try to work around by tweaking airflow signals in conjunction with injector sizing, fuel pressure, etc.

Direct timing control isn't even the key point on dsmlink. You have direct timing control with an AFC too, the key is that on dsmlink, the fuel and timing adjustments aren't tied together like they are on most piggybacks.

Sure, people have gotten away with it for years, and depending on how wild your setup is going to be, it can be good enough. But with more radical setups with larger injectors, its hard to compensate with the AFC so that it runs good all the time.

Brad

oh ya, i didnt even get into the stutterbox, the CEL flash for knock, the rev control when the clutch is engaged etc etc.. those are all great. but from a pure tune standpoint the removal of the air/fuel method of changing timing seemed to be the key point, the fact that you can remove a degree of timing or add one and keep the same fuel trim seems pretty kickass to me (but them im still pretty noobish)

I'm barely above bolt on level my mod list is very modest

I'm considering doing the conversion to DSMLink (huge PITA for a first gen)
it seems to me for the stutter box(drag launch that holds your RPMs at a set number and builds boost), and all those other nifty " gadgets" that it comes with would be worth it

but again, im a n00b

I'm considering doing the conversion to DSMLink (huge PITA for a first gen)
it seems to me for the stutter box(drag launch that holds your RPMs at a set number and builds boost), and all those other nifty " gadgets" that it comes with would be worth it

Just wait until they make it available for 1Gs, it will save you a lot of wiring hassle. It shouldn't be too much longer now.

Just wait until they make it available for 1Gs, it will save you a lot of wiring hassle. It shouldn't be too much longer now.

ya i keep hearing this summer (even tho its suposedly a big secret :rolleyes: ) I guess i can hang out till then, plus i really havent spent much time with my AFC at all..

Back to the topic, I've beta tested one of the ECU+ pluses and it works rather well. True its no DSMLink, but its a good bit more advanced than an AFC, and priced right in between. As with all these tuning tools, its up to the user to make the most of it.

I agree it seems awesome. Never used one tho, but I would like to(hint, hint Tom :D).

It will need to have knocksum values, or else you will have to run 2 loggers.

Originally posted by Bohrn
I agree it seems awesome. Never used one tho, but I would like to(hint, hint Tom :D).

Bohrn
DSMtuners Member

Car: 91 Talon TSi AWD
State: Chilliwack, BC, Canada

Ok, drive on down to Maryland and we'll talk! :D

Tom

LOL, :)

hey, there is this thing called mail. You go and put your stuff in a box, and then put my address on it, and in a few days, lo and behold, it gets to my place :p

J/K, not intended to be nasty, just in a silly mood. :)

Keep it goin Tom, that looks real good, once you get knocksum in there.

Real glad I read this one. I was also thinking this ws and editor not an add on...

Sam

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back