The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

E85 and fuel cell cap issues?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

forcefed86

15+ Year Contributor
May 23, 2006
wichita, Kansas
Anyone else having issues with the rubber around the fuel cap swelling? Using a new POLY RCI 12 gallon cell. Red plastic cap with a rubber grommet/gasket type seal around the cap. When new the cap fit great. Now I literally have to use a screw driver to pry the cap out of the cell. And then use a screw driver to “stuff” the rubber gasket down around the cap to get it down in it’s receptacle enough to lock the cap. I’ve tried coating the rubber in silicone spray, didn’t help much if any. I resorted to carrying around a small screw driver and spitting on the damn thing to get it to seat properly. :) Anyone else having issues with this? Know of a solution? Possibly different gasket material? This cell claims it can be run with methanol, so I don’t see why the gasket is swelling.

On a side note… Also noticed the hardware securing the cap ring to the top of the cell is already corroding.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back