The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Rix Racing

E316G Oil feed help

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I thought the ofh was bpt. British pipe thread.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

maybe.. but whatever it is, my SS feed line won't bolt to it

the ofh s bspt and my line is NPT

I would email them first before buying, to see if that would fit. If it doesnt get a vendor.

You guys think maybe I should just buy one of this new SS lines people are selling in the classifieds?

Just get one from the vendors there cheap enough for that line, got mine from extreme psi, fit no problems done.

Jnz sells the kit with the little 90* elbow. Maybe they can just send me that part. I don't feel like taking the whole set up out again just to put on another SS line when the one on there is perfectly fine.

You are running a restrictor in the line correct? If not you will blow that turbo pretty fast most likely.

I suggest you find a 1g oil feed line. Mitshi turbos are best run from the HEAD. You will need a bolt to BLOCK the old feed from the OFH, and a banjo bolt for the head.

Again, i suggest running a 1g oil feed line (built in restrictor). The banjo bolt is a 10mmx1.25

And to block the OFH... you will need one of these... 3/8" BSPT plug

Buy it from FP:
Forced Performance Turbochargers: NPT Oil Line 90 Degree Fittings

I had small 16G running of OFH without any restrictors just like a stock T25, did not have any issues.

Be careful installing that adapter into OFH because thread size is different but it is ok, use PVC tape like four layers, once you start screwing adapter into OFH pause when you feel resistance and do about half a turn or so that your oil feed line is able to bolt onto the adapter. When I got my FP adapter and noticed that thread size is different I began freaking out and called FP where I was told that is ok, so I installed it and never had any leaks. Also, FP told me that I do not need any restrictors for my 16g off the OFH.

I ran 16g and FP3160 from OFH w/o any restrictors but did have an FP Red inline filter. FP did not recommend to use any restrictors. Also, I have to mention that I had my oil releive port ported to compensate for BS removal. Did not have any issues like pushing oil through oil seals or a shaft play increase. If I remember correctly a stock Garrett T25 turbo was fed from OFH without any restrictors, not sure if there was a built in restrictor in the turbo or embeded somewhere within an oil hard pipe.

ok... so now you guys are confusing me. LOL

if i were to go from the head, i'd use that little spot on the front corner with the allen socket right? If one would get better oil flow from there, why wouldn't mitsubishi do this from the factory?

run it from teh OFH for better oil feed, and im also running it from the OFH on my E316G without a restrictor with absolutely no problems

ok, so where should i get the adapter from? should i call JNZ tomorrow?

ok... so now you guys are confusing me. LOL

if i were to go from the head, i'd use that little spot on the front corner with the allen socket right? If one would get better oil flow from there, why wouldn't mitsubishi do this from the factory?

They did do this from factory on the 1g. 1gs ran 14bs or 13gs (if auto) which are Mitsubishi turbos and they ran 1g lines from the HEAD. 2gs run a T25, which is a GARRETT TURBO. Different oil pressure is needed.

So again, when running a Mitsubishi turbo, they did run them from the head FROM THE FACTORY.

As far as better flow? It really doesnt come down to what will give you the best flow, because your flow should be limited. You do not want excess flow, overflowing a turbo can cause damage.

Your welcome to disregard my knowledge and info, best of luck with your turbo.

Show me the links of what I should buy and I'll buy it. So does running it to the head require a new line? I think it does. :( this means I gotta take my turbo off again. :(

Call forced performance and ask their opinion on where to feed the oil from and if any restrictors are needed. FP can set you up with all the adapters/restrictors/inline filters/oil lines, etc...

Good news, you dont have to take the turbo off my friend. I have pulled off my oil line several times without having to drop the turbo. Simple loosen the turbo bolts enough to where you can fit the socket in. Fans will have to be out of course, but those are easy.

I received mine from a local DSM shop that gave it to me with the purchase of my 16g, but just search the classifieds, i gave you the banjo bolt already (10mmx1.25x20). Any real auto store should have one, if not drill your own (i have done this as well).

I have ran 2 14bs on the car, 1 small 16g and now my bastard 20g. Its the only way i would feed any of my turbos.

PM if you have any questions or want any help.

Also... if you have been on the forum for any amount of time im sure you have heard of Jusmx. If not, well then, hes one of the most knowledgeable persons on this forum about turbos.

http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/turbo-system-tech/378566-oil-feed-head-ofh-confused.html

Post number 3 Justin writes: Any stock MHI turbo is fed from the head with a restrictor built into the banjo end at the turbo on any DSM or Lancer Evolution, so the oiling requirement of a MHI turbo is obviously much less than their Garrett counterpart.

Another link where justin suggest to run with a 1g line.

http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/newbie-forum/382355-keep-blowing-turbo.html

Justin Writes:
Feed the turbo from the head using a 1G factory oil line, or from the filter housing with a .075" restrictor in place, and use a factory 1G or 2G (with holes slotted) oil return. It sounds to me like you're giving the turbos too much oil pressure at wide-open throttle and that's what is killing them; possibly there's some type of drainage restriction as well.

he says just go from the OFH and get a resistor

....thats why i added the second link.

Like i said, i like the 1g line personally because i think its less hassle and "cleaner".

Like my second example states you can use a 1g line OR put a .075 restrictor in it.

Im just trying to help, you do what you want. Your very unappreciative and resistant to what others have to say. Ane especially to those a who have been in the DSM game for a lot longer than you.

no no no. you must have misunderstood. i appreciate all the help. obviously, i keep asking questions and following up with you. i just asked Jus because you said he knows his stuff. i bought a 4an adapter and a restrictor. Thanks for all the help

i bought these two things... what do ya think?

90 degree Adapter Fitting 4AN to 3/8" NPT DSM 1g 2g - eBay (item 220652346336 end time Dec-09-10 00:40:37 PST)

TURBO OIL RESTRICTOR -4AN MALE & -4AN FEMALE END - eBay (item 250725182530 end time Dec-10-10 22:37:45 PST)

You should be ok from the ofh. Mitsu turbos are journal bearing type. Ball bearing turbos need to be fed from head or restricted from the ofh. Mitsu has a restriction of sorts built into their turbos.

Regards
Greg

Mitsubishi designed their turbos the way they did for a reason, not for the hell of it.
I'm not going to say that it is wrong to do it from the OFH cause it will screw up your turbo cause obviously there have been plenty of people running it that way and their turbos keep going, i personally know a friend as well that ran his 2g with a 16g for 3 years that way.
Thing is, just how healthy and and for how long will it run as compared to running it the way it was meant to run from factory ?
Mitsu turbos last long and are one of the best turbos out there for a reason, when ran the way they were designed.

Sorry to make such a big story, and i agree with bluefire in everything he has been telling you.

I am currently running a 1g 14b turbo fed off the head with a stock 1g line, and i cut and crushed my old oil feed for the meantime till i buy a plug for a cleaner look when my next oil change is due.

Here's a pic.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back