The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Rix Racing

Dumbest things you've heard a DSMer say? :)

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Depends on how you look at it. With a basic auto, you don't have much control over the rpm range at launch...it's harder to keep the rpm's up and still have control over what's getting to the ground.

With a manual, you have control over pretty much every aspect; so for a driver that's good on the clutch, it would be easier to get a good launch with a manual.

The dumbest thing I've heard yet is a doozy. A real head-spinner. I heard it, and my head STILL hasn't even grasped that someone actually believes this.

The line went, exactly like this...

"Automatics are HARDER to launch than a 5-Speed".

Yeah...and someone ACTUALLY meant that too...crazy right?

Dude someone said that to me the other day too. He was refering to turbo DSM's specifically. I explained the process of brake boosting, and how all you would then need to do is remember to let off the brake when the light turns green. He was like "Oooooh really? I always thought it would be easier with a manual" This is after he told me to buy a practice tree to help learn to get a better reaction time and 60" time with my Manual FWD turbo Colt. I told him I'm concentrating on not roasting the tires off the start, and that a fake tree isn't really going to be the same, or help me get better traction.

He's the kind of person that has all the answers for everything, but can't do shit. When he ran his N/A DSM at the track he stalled it at the line and ran a 20 second 1/4. Telling me how to launch a car, what an asswipe.

Edit: Oops, quoted the wrong post. Fixed now!

The kid I bought my wheels off of told me that he had his 2ga with 550cc maft and big16g did 180 mph LOL

This kid also wants to put a monster turbo on his car to be the fastest FWD dsm LOL

Also this is the same kid that says he has crankwalk since he swapped his auto for a manual with a oreillys brand clutch and it forced the motor to walk...

Its okay I bought the wheels for $175 and a used act street disc

this wasnt a dsmer but still funny i was at the gas station and i had the gas pumping in my talon and the hood poped to put some washer fluid in and some guy in a camaro got out of his car and said thats nice is it turbo and clearly you can see it but i just was nice and said yea it is it gets me around town and he goes well its got nothin on my v8 camaro upgraded auto trans so it shifts at high rpms and i just said oh thats cool and he goes yea whats ## 0 to 80 time and i just said umm im not sure never really tested it out and he goes well mine does it in 3 seconds:banghead:WTF haha my gas was done pumping and so was his so as we were leaving i got on it pretty good and let him hear the bov in second and he slowly came next to me on the highway and punched it and left no way in hell is his car 0 to 80 in 3 sec what a...:rolleyes:

since when is the washer fluid under the hood?? It is in the trunk.

Ha! You're braver than I am! I gave up on fighting with people over auto's years ago and just let them think what they want :p

Yeah, no shit right? Some of the things they say make me question if they've ever been in an Automatic AWD DSM, let alone LAUNCHED an AWD Automatic DSM. It's so easy a caveman can do it. Yeah...I just went Geico on your ass. :p

Tbh..not much is easier than brake + gas - brake = bad ass launch. I don't get how launching a 5-speed is easier...I honestly don't.

Yeah, no shit right? Some of the things they say make me question if they've ever been in an Automatic AWD DSM, let alone LAUNCHED an AWD Automatic DSM. It's so easy a caveman can do it. Yeah...I just went Geico on your ass. :p

Tbh..not much is easier than brake + gas - brake = bad ass launch. I don't get how launching a 5-speed is easier...I honestly don't.

anti-lag + gas pressed down - let off clutch = one bad ass launch at 12 psi!

^^^ Yup, that pretty much answers your question! I'm still not getting into this whole manual vs slushbox thing though ;)

Yeah, just makes me shake my head and laugh. One thing I will say though, is have fun killing your turbo from the Anti-lag, whilst I can achieve the same thing on my Auto, for FREE! :hellyeah:

I guess us 91 GSX owners are just made different, eh?

Oh Boy - I see a stick vs slushbox massacre coming ><

Craig - lemme know when you're going to run - I'll head down there for a weekend and we'll teach the slushbox drivers how it's done :D I don't think they've ever been in a car with a good manual driver before ;)

Oh Boy - I see a stick vs slushbox massacre coming ><

Craig - lemme know when you're going to run - I'll head down there for a weekend and we'll teach the slushbox drivers how it's done :D I don't think they've ever been in a car with a good manual driver before ;)

Nah...Kolby knows I'm yankin his chain (sort of :p). I haven't worked the drag launch reflexes in 20 years :)

Besides...his FWD wouldn't stand a chance against my stroked AWD ROFL

EDIT:

He needs to jump back in here and stand up for himself...I'm starting to feel kinda bad doggin him without him here to enjoy it.

I'd do some 0-60 pulls but my comp broke and the speedo is off with the DR's. Comparing with an evo around the same traps and ET I have a sub 3 second 0-60. Lets see bunch of 5 spd's do that :hellyeah:

Lets get this thread back on track and quit flaming people beause its going to get axed.

I'd do some 0-60 pulls but my comp broke and the speedo is off with the DR's. Comparing with an evo around the same traps and ET I have a sub 3 second 0-60. Lets see bunch of 5 spd's do that :hellyeah:

blah blah blah :rolleyes: :tease:

You're pulling mid 10's at 130 mph traps. I wouldn't even get close enough to you to watch a launch; much less line up and try to top it. LOL

Lets get this thread back on track and quit flaming people beause its going to get axed.

Wait... you're afraid a thread called "Dumbest things you've heard a DSM'er say" in the Hangout forum is gonna get axed because we got off topic and are saying dumb things? OMG

Ok...back on topic. Someone say something dumb LOL

Technically everything we are saying could be quoted as dumb. Including my response to this.

The dumbest thing Ive heard...

Me "that tubular mani is a good design excluding the threaded flange.. kinda makes it hard to mount up to a threaded hotside.."
Him "Its okay it was designed for a 16g... Mines a 14b so I had to modify it.."
Me "umm thats a t25.. the stock turbo"
Him "No its a 14b and it doesnt mattet the flanges for the 14b 16g and t25 are all different the t25 has a rounder base... so I didnt mind modifying it..."
Me "oooohhh... okay ;)"

the AMK header was designed with threaded holes making it impractical for a direct bolt on w the hardware included. I later posted an FYI on this

:ohdamn:

Dumbest thing I've ever had happen was I had an acquaintance that wanted a '90 Talon AWD for a really long time. He found one and called me up to help him get it. We drove up to Detroit and when it came time to test drive it, he told me 'Ryan, can you drive it? I can't drive a stick' >< So I test-drove HIS car for him while he was in the passenger seat and he really liked it. So he ended up buying it and it sat in his front yard for a few months while he tried to learn how to drive it. Eventually, after much failure on his part trying to learn, I told him perhaps it's not the right car for him - it ended up being the first DSM I owned back almost 10 years ago :D

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back