The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support ExtremePSI

dsm tuning, where?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dskagr

10+ Year Contributor
Feb 7, 2011
209/408, California
Hey, I was wondering if you all knew about the best places to get the dsm tuned. Running ECMlink. I'm willing to drive all thoughout Cali, but anywhere local is preferred. I'm located about 30 mins from Modesto, and an hour from San Jo to give a rough estimate haha. Shoot me the locations though and I'll drive anywhere to get a proper tune. Thanks !

turbodsm90 tunes aem?? Is he just a side job person, or does he have a legit business? Looking to get a car tuned next week. Hows his work?

turbodsm90 tunes aem?? Is he just a side job person, or does he have a legit business? Looking to get a car tuned next week. Hows his work?

I currently do not tune AEM, but I have setup a base map in the past on a SOHC turbo honda. That was just to get to the tuner, and nothing more. Im sure I can do that for you, but as far as WOT pulls, AEM needs to be tuned on the dyno in my opinion. Why that VS everything else? Its extremely powerful and the fail-safes need to be set up (knock retard), and I am not as experience with AEM as I am with link.

However, we have one of the BEST AEM tuners in the nation in the Bay Area. He is AEM certified, and I wouldn't go anywhere else with an AEM equipped car. Contact FFTec and Im sure Mike Brown will set you up with some sort of pre dyno tune inspection, and they can get you on the rollers if your setup isn't in need of any changes, or minor hardware adjustments. By that I mean trying to make 600whp on 650cc injectors running E85, running an overly restrictive intake filter, or something minor that could be addressed before trying to extract every ounce of power from your setup. Definitely not saying there is something wrong, but a well trained eye may be able to spot something small that could be holding you back.

If FFTec can't squeeze you in, contact Enginetiks . The tuner there is a teacher (teaches engine tuning classes) at Wyotech in Sacramento and has tuned some serious setups including a couple of WyldKardz' All motor Hondas. Call them, leave a message if need be, and if Issac or Casey don't return your call, lmk and I'll get a hold of them for you. Just please don't burn me and flake if I set you up with an appointment.

If you need anything else, this is what I do offer to anyone within reasonable driving distance.

http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/nor...vices-roll-bar-cage-tuning-minor-welding.html

Oh, and I am just a "side job guy". I do this for fun but do stand behind my work. I look over your setup and let you know of any possible issues once I have the car in front of me, ready to tune. If a turbo wheel happens to grenade, I dont leave you stranded by the side of the road, I get your car to a safe place, my house, on a trailer, or anywhere convenient.

Example? BoostedTalonTS and I were tuning his car one night and we decided to do a glory launch. He gets it setup, stalled up on the converter and bouncing off the 2step. The car launches, spins all 4, hooks then you here POP! Tcase shaft broke.

This is all at about 4am on I880N. He calls AAA, we get it to my GFs house a few miles up the highway, I pick up my car, head to his house so he can get ready for a job interview he has at 8AM. So by the time we got the DSM to my girls house a few mins away, the sun is coming up, I get him home, he, freshens up etc., take him to his job interview at 8am, he gets the job, and I pick him up from work. Get my truck and trailer and tow his clean auto 1G home.

Anywho, I go out of my way for some folks and shit happens with these cars, so I know the feeling. Ok, 5AM story time babble over.

Appreciate it turbodsm90. I ment no disrespect with the " side job" comment LOL. But thanks for the info.

Well it seems the obvious answer is TedSpec.
Expect a pm from me relatively soon turbodsm90! Well as soon as I drop the motor back in, LOL.
And thank you all for the quick replies. Much appreciated:)

Appreciate it turbodsm90. I ment no disrespect with the " side job" comment LOL. But thanks for the info.

Na man its no prob. It is what it is as Im just a garage guy, with decent tools and decent knowledge.

Yeah Teds always helped everyone out! Even a little white Dsm that peaked a 14b at 40psi.... SMOKE SCREEN!

One of the best DSM nights :rocks: ROFLROFL

Well it seems the obvious answer is TedSpec.
Expect a pm from me relatively soon turbodsm90! Well as soon as I drop the motor back in, LOL.
And thank you all for the quick replies. Much appreciated:)

Take your time man. I got a minor foot surgery Ive been putting off for a month now. Looks like I'll be going "under the knife" around the end of this August, so Ill be out of commission for at least a month. Some other personal business came up, but I'll be home and online most of the time. Just pm me and let me know what the plan is.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back