The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

Door Lock Issues?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LxiMax

10+ Year Contributor
Mar 29, 2011
Uniontown, Pennsylvania
I have this odd issue with my power doors. On my old car, if I turned the key twice to unlock in the driver's door, both door locks would unlock. On this one, 95 GST, it will only unlock both doors from the passenger side. Odd? Old car was a 98 Sebring Coupe. I assume the locks and such are the same considering the doors are. :)

if I turned the key twice to unlock in the driver's door, both door locks would unlock.

Not sure what you are "trying" to say here but, i think i know what you are talking about ;)

On this one, 95 GST, it will only unlock both doors from the passenger side. Odd? Old car was a 98 Sebring Coupe. I assume the locks and such are the same considering the doors are. :)

So are we talking about your Sebring or your eclipse? Either way, Power locks work by an actuator and button, When you turn the key it moves 2 metal arms, one for the side you unlock, and the other one to reach back and press the button which sends current to unlock the opposing locks.

Check your fuses.

Check with a multi-meter and ensure when that button is pressed, it is completing the circuit and check when its pressed from an opposing lock it reaches the other locks.

Check the motors for the locks and they are in proper working order.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back