The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

Does rust cause issues

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John Mark Dongon

Proven Member
Feb 7, 2019
Stockton, California
I know rust is a bad look, but does it cause issues or is it just a cosmetic thing? Say for example my engine is rusty and I keep driving it like that, does that cause any acctual problems or is it just a personal preference on how it looks?

If it's on the inside its a real big problem & every bit needs to be removed. It's just cosmetic if its on the outside. Why wouldn't one take a little extra time to clean up the outside while getting everythig addressed & cleaned up on the inside? I saw your engine pictures in your hose & connector thread. Your engine need a complete rebuild. Why not pull it out & take it or ship it to a shop that specialize in our motors?

That question to me is like asking if dirty balls means that they wont work or if it will affect your chances of fertility, why not just clean it and have a little pride in your ride/rod? they both stink when they are left to the atmosphere for too long without maintenance.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back