The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

2G Does a car need both o2 sensors to pass emissions

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shaunp

15+ Year Contributor
Mar 11, 2008
Snellville, Georgia
Hi All,
I've searched and cannot find a straight forward answer for my situation.

I have a 98 GSX, the car has ecmlink v3 and an AEM wideband. I do not have any factory o2 sensors. I need two readiness monitors to be complete in order to pass emissions.

I've attached two screen shots of my current settings in ecmlink. Is this correct? Are there any other settings I need to look at? My wideband is in the rear o2 sensor bung.
The car threw 2 DTC's (P0136,P0141) heater circuit malfunction.

Is there a way set the readiness monitors to complete with my current setup or will I need to buy both front and rear o2 sensors?

Thanks,
Shaun

Attachments

• 20201212_164136.jpg
    20201212_164136.jpg
    667.7 KB · Views: 29
  • 20201212_164224.jpg
    20201212_164224.jpg
    684.8 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:
98 model is exempt from OBD emissions testing. You can opt to have them use the sniffer instead of checking for codes. As long as your car runs clean enough, your dash can be lit up like a Christmas tree.

Yes, both sensors need to work to pass emissions, a 98' could technically be flashed with Ceddymods and the readiness set to ready full time if you wanted to.

Worst thing that'll happen short term is you'll probably get bad fuel mileage. Long term, oh yeah it'll definitely ruin your cat. Which can get real expensive real quick. your car also won't pass an emissions test, If you have them in your area. Just replace the O2 they're cheap and pretty easy to do on your own Kodi nox.

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back