The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

2G Do Evo 9 hastings rings fit Evo 8 pistons?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1996dsm

15+ Year Contributor
Jan 15, 2008
Fort Worth, Texas
I bought some evo 8 pistons/rods and evo 9 Hastings rings. I read the oil rings are different between the two, is this correct?
I was told they were evo 9 pistons and rods, but they are evo 8's.
Hastings says the rings are interchangeable but dsmgraveyard says the oil ring is not.

Ring part #: 2c 4558
Pistons: 63te8

Do i have to buy a whole new ringset? Or could i buy the oil rings from somewhere? And use the 2 top rings from the set i have.

It is possible Hastings went with the shallow groove that way it would also fit the deep groove, I would check with them and see what they say.
Dont be afraid to contact them.

I've been searching for info and i haven't thought about contacting them :ohdamn:
I will email them and see what response i receive.
Thanks

I received a response.

" set # 2c4558 is designed for a 4g63 and 4g63t vin code D, F. That is a 85mm bore with 1.2, 1.2, 2.0 piston groove widths. So if that is the engine code yes they will fit."

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back