1. Join the Community!

DSMtuners is a massive archive of DSM information - but more importantly, it's a COMMUNITY! Join in and participate with other DSMers, and invite all of your DSM friends to make this place their home. Chat with others, create a build thread, post questions and answers. Get involved! Logging in will also remove many of the advertisements, along with this notice. ;)

2G dieing problem - electrical?

Posted by SaskTSI, Dec 14, 2019

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned
  1. SaskTSI

SaskTSI Proven Member

Joined Aug 17, 2019
    St. Brieux, SK, Canada
    Alright so I've searched and have found nothing about anyone having the same symptoms I'm having, I was driving the car to the lake for ice fishing and when I got there I let it run for a while then I shut it off, went to start it to move and it started but boom no power steering, I thought weird, but whatever I'll look into it later. Well it was cold so I let the car run and it stalled. I've never had this problem before, I went to start the car and there was absolutely 0 power, my headlight and taillights work when I turn the switch but the cluster doesnt light up and nothing in the interior works. Car wont crank or nothing. Left key on wiggled some grounds assuming that was the issue and no avail. Left the car for about 20 minutes and went back to it and it had all power and started. Now I cant drive it anywhere because this keeps happening, I will be driving down the highway and boom no hesitation, stuttering or anything, it just stalls. Wont start for another 30min or so, any ideas? It's really irritating that I cant find the issue

173  1

1995 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    awd · manual · 2G DSM
  2. madmax4

madmax4 Proven Member

Joined Jun 21, 2011
    hartford, Connecticut
    I would probably start by checking battery voltage and if your alternator is charging correctly. Check main fuses and connectors/grounds again.

Street Build 151  1

1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse GST
    awd · manual · 2G DSM
  3. miguelmcv

miguelmcv Proven Member

Joined May 3, 2009
    Fresno, California
    There is a fuse on the engine bay box, it’s label as fuse (+B), check if it’s tight it is held by 2 bolts under the box, make sure they are tight and clean, also make sure it is good, you have to remove it to see it if it is good, it can be Brocken and make false contact with vibration.

The fuse supplies current to the inside of the car (gauges, switch etc, etc).

Street Build 278  1

1997 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    awd · automatic · 2G DSM

2K  0

1995 Mitsubishi Eclipse GST
    manual · 2G DSM