The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

Detroit Newbie

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nile

10+ Year Contributor
Nov 28, 2011
Detroit, Michigan
Finally went ahead and traded my integra for a 90 gsx eclipse. I'm new to the dsm scene and welcome any leads on parts or any decent mechanic in the detroit area. I'm also willing to meet up for cruising or just hanging around. Just let me know!
Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

Are you looking into dropping a good amount of money in the car? There are soo many routes to go when you want to make power in these cars, its pretty endless LOL. I start off with upgrading all the fuel parts, get a gm maf and dsmlinkv3 with bigger injectors (make sure u have eprom ecu) boost controller (dont get those overpriced electrical ones they are junk) T-back exhaust, front mount inter cooler. Find someone to tune it. Thats the route i went (not counting putting money into the engine)

I'm coming from bmws and honda s, so most of that almost looked like spanish LOL. You gave me a bit of stuff to look up, but thanks for at least getting me started.

No problem. And since u are from michigan, try thedsmgraveyard.com for parts. They have new/used and performance parts and pretty good prices

The graveyard seems to be pretty well respected among the michigan dsm'ers, so ill def give them a look. Except I have that instant gratification syndrome. I see it, I want it, and I want it now LOL

There are two other forums I would use to look for parts locally if you are buying used. You may be a part of them but if not here they are... midsm(dotcom) and xceedspeed(dotcom)

Nile, I hope youre enjoying your new dsm, I live pretty close to you so if your ever having any basic problems I can definitely try to help. Also be wary of dsm graveyard, I had a bad experience with them. TRE and a couple other shops are a bit better in my mind. Anyway cheers to your new dsm!

Hey Nile,

Its Chucks friend James with the 7-Series.
Hope you are liking the GSX!

Finally went ahead and traded my integra for a 90 gsx eclipse. I'm new to the dsm scene and welcome any leads on parts or any decent mechanic in the detroit area. I'm also willing to meet up for cruising or just hanging around. Just let me know!

hey im in the same boat you are. just traded a very mechanically sound half way riced(LOL) 96 mazda mx6 2.0l for a 96 gsx with bad steering and trans(LOL again), still im happy got the car ive wanted most for a long time.

Anyways looking for some people to talk shop with and maybe tune\wrench with. leave me a message. maybe we can talk and help each other out.
names tim.

Hey, sorry i haven't checked this in a while. I'm currently in the middle of having the car redone, damn near top to bottom. A few issues turned into a mechanical nightmare, so it's gonna be handled all in one shot. Currently in a battle with Tunersnation about parts that weren't sent and a refund that isn't here. But I'm more than willing to meet up and do some hanging once baby girl is back on the road, hopefully within the next 2-3 weeks. Just hit me up.

Yea i,m hoping thats not the way it turns out with mine. I just did the shift kit and replaced the solenoids and im glad to say its shifting pretty good now. So on to the exhaust and finding out where the boost leak is. i wish i had the money to have a bunch of things done at once.
Your about the 4th person to wanna do something but we got a while before its actually nice out it looks like.

Finally looks like the car is coming to completion. Going to drop off the 1g/2g piston rod combo, and get these subframe bushings sent in. Toe eliminator kit on, then she's ready to rock.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back