The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

dash lights not working

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gabriel_dsm

Proven Member
Mar 27, 2014
bakersfield, California
okay i have a 95 eclipse i recently changed my dash lights to led took apart the cluster and all but when i installed back i turned it on n it turned on for like 2 sec than turned off! watch the video! someone tell me whats up?

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

okay update i changed the tail lamp relay and fuse under the hood and nothing is there a fuse inside to chnge to or naw

also my tail lights r fine they turn on but my dash is still out

Last edited:
okay update i changed the tail lamp relay and fuse under the hood and nothing is there a fuse inside to chnge to or naw

also my tail lights r fine they turn on but my dash is still out
Was the fuse blown to begin with? If not, then you must've done something when you switched your lights. Retrace your steps. Put your stock lights back and see what happens.

it was a burned from the top of the fuse so i just switched it out but im going to take it out and see if i can get it to work[DOUBLEPOST=1415671902][/DOUBLEPOST]nothing. honestly im stumped

Last edited:
Lights are pretty simple. Either
1. You hooked something up wrong and have to retrace your steps.

2. Wires are touching and blew a fuse. I don't know what you were referring too when you said it was burned from the top fuse and you replaced it?? If that fuse was blown and you replaced it, the next time you try putting your lights on if there's a short it gonna blow again. That's its job so you don't have a fire.

3. I'm not sure if it controls dash lights but I know it does control some interior lights, check the alt fuse buy the battery it's a big one like 80 or 100amp can't remember off the top of my head.[DOUBLEPOST=1415974987][/DOUBLEPOST]And just for clarity, did you dash lights work prior to you doing this?

yes lights worked perfectly fine they jus blew out im going to try that fuse you said maybe it will work...

Not sure if the dimmer module is compatible with LED's (it's designed for incandencent bulbs). Try unplugging the dimmer and jumper the black-yellow wire to the black. If it now works (although you may need a series resistor), you blew the dimmer.

okay im gonna do that however dimmer wasnt working before this and my dash lights worked?

Does anyone know what feeds the dash lights I cant find a hakf decent diagram need pins behind guage cluster

Generally if the dimmer switch doesn't work the dash lights won't either.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back