The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Rix Racing

Cylinder 3 missfire?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

overboosted1g

10+ Year Contributor
Jan 13, 2010
washington, Michigan
So my 2g tsi has a 1g 7 bolt head along with a black top cas and a 1g coil pack. Before I was having a problem with the random missfire code, so I did the pot mod and the code went away. Recently I have been having a problem with cylinder 3 missfiring. I can drive around the city all I want without isuses but as soon as I jump on the expressway and drive for 10-15 minutes the car will start to missfire and run like crap until I clear the code. I have replaced the coil and plug wires and the plugs have less then 1000 miles on them. What could it be?

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
sounds almost like an injector is getting hot and quitting. any more info on the car?

The car has rc550cc injectors fuelab afpr and -6an feed line from tank to rail safc comp cams 262/264 bc retainers and springs felpro headgasket and arp studs

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back