The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

CxRacing O2 Eliminater DP & 3" TruBendz DP-back Exhaust

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I recently went to.............EBAY, and purchased among other things a O2 eliminator DP and 3" TruBendz Exhaust. To start with both are very high quality, especially for the price. I paid $170 for the DP and $225 for the TruBendz exhaust.

Starting with the Downpipe... Uninstall went fine as I just had the o2 housing off about 8 months ago. Install was fairly straight forward. The o2 housing portion of the DP is 2.5" and quickly widens to 3". For anyone purchasing this particular downpipe, they should definitely thread the o2 sensor into the DP before you install, its impossible to do with it installed. Be prepared to either reuse your stock hardware or buy new because as with most ebay parts the hardware was the wrong thread pitch. As far as fitment goes, ITS GREAT, but the o2 sensor wiring is at a pretty harsh angle. You get to reuse the rubber mount from the stock DP and it enters the exhaust tunnel perfectly. It came with high quality gaskets that worked great. Overall awesome product with awesome welds and flange quality. Problem free other then the wrong hardware issue, but to be fair Ive ran into that with name brand parts as well.

The 003" TruBendz Exhaust is a catback system if your DP doesn't eliminate the cat. All the piping is nice aluminized 16g steel with really nice smooth bends. My kit came with good hardware, hangers, flanges, and gaskets. However what they didn't tell me is that I was going to have to weld it all. I ran into an issue with the piece that attaches to the DP with it being to short but I got a hold of them and they had an extension sent out that day (free of charge). This system follows the stock path and fits perfect in the axle over portion (which I thought it wasn't going to), and allows you to put a muffler in the stock location .It looks great and fits great after the extension. If you have access to a welder this is definitely the kit you wanna buy! $225 shipped to my door in a week. They have awesome customer service (which that alone sells the product for me) and its a very high quality kit. You just need to gets your hands dirty and more then likely say quite a few cuss words. I believe they only make a system for 1g FWD turbo cars.

I hope this influences some Dsmers to give the "no-name" ebay parts a chance. I probably wouldn't of had to screw with say an Apexi kit as much but I also would have paid triple the amount of money for the same thing. I'm kind of on a little mission to put the Ebay bashers to rest. I've bought many high quality parts (and obviously some shitty ones) from ebay and I don't believe people who sell on Ebay always get a fair shake from the performance community. I also have a GodSpeed header that I am going to install within the next couple of months and I will post how that goes. I've heard both good and bad about them but it seems to be high quality, with nice welds and included high quality metal gaskets.

Attachments

• Downpipe.jpg
    Downpipe.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 602
  • Exhaust.jpg
    Exhaust.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 583
  • Stock vs 3in.jpg
    Stock vs 3in.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 595
  • Stock vs 3in 2..jpg
    Stock vs 3in 2..jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 217
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back