The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

CXRacing Turbo

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Well I haven’t seen any in-depth write ups on here about 1st hand experience with an “eBay turbo”. Last week my Garrett T70 took a shit on me and I’m on a real tight budget until September because me and my girlfriend are going to the Bahamas. So I was looking around for some name brand and used but was having no luck so I said the hell with it and took the plunge. I discovered a brand CXRacing. They have a site its CXRacing. I found the turbo I wanted on there and it was $199+shipping so I checked ebay and they had a ebay store and was able to get the same turbo for 154$ shipped. Looking at the pictures it seems to be assembled pretty solid.

Some of the specs are..
T3/ T4 Stage 3 Turbo
T3 Flange to manifold
5 bolt downpipe flange
.50 A/R Compressor
.63 A/R Turbine
3” Inlet and 2” Outlet
1/8” NPT Oil Inlet
5-30 PSI Working Pressure
Individually Computer Balanced

Update: Around 8 PM 7-15 I got a Shipment Tracking number, it will be here on the 21st. I also got a 15% off coupon for my next purchase and got a thank you email for the order. I emailed the technical service dept and asked about oil pressure going into the turbo and I got a prompt reply and gave me a solid answer and said they have the perfect feed line/ restrictor combo and that he can get it ordered for me if I need it.

Don’t come on here bashing saying “Ohhh why would you waste your money it’s gonna blow up why didn’t you just spend the money on a “good” turbo blah blah”. I don’t want to hear it. It’s my money and my car and im actually not afraid to test this out.

Here is a link to the turbo that I ordered..
cxracing.com: T3 T4 T04E Turbocharger , 50 AR Compressor, .63 AR Turbine , 5 Bolt Exhuast, 3" Inlet & 2" Outlet

I guess we will see the quality come Tuesday. I can’t wait!

Well the turbo came in yesterday. I didnt know what to expect when I opened the box up, but I have to say I was pumped when I got in there and saw this thing. I visually inspected it as good as I can trying to find "weak" points about it and it looks awesome and very well built. Shaft feels awesome, nice and tight. The downpipe flange I had ordered elsewhere fit awesome, bolts lines right up. Here is a few pics of the turbo
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

The only bad thing I have to say thus far is they had the housings spun the wrong way. You can see from this picsture that the oil drain is coming out of the top LOL

When I loosened up the bolts to spin the housing they were super tight which makes me feel good that they actually torqued the bolts down didnt just finger tighten anything.

Tomarrow I'm going to install this thing and hopefully get to take it for a ride around the block and test it out.

Edit: They also included very nice perfect fitting gaskets for everywhere

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back