The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Cv axle and wheel hub

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

n00btalon

15+ Year Contributor
Aug 13, 2005
lebanon, Pennsylvania
I'm in desperate need of a replacement cv axle on the passenger side of my awd Tsi, but when we took off the wheel the hub seems to be froze up to the axle and the center nut won't budge. So I'm assuming I need a new wheel hub and bearing assembly, but cannot find them anywhere! Am I missing something here?? Need some help!

Did you remember to knock out the little notch so that you can turn the axle nut off?

Have fun man just did mine a few weeks ago. I hope your shafts arn't siezed in the hub as well.
I got Timken wheel hubs from Rock Auto and GSP axles from Advance. They were 70 bucks a side and have a lifetime warranty.

Yea pretty sure it's seized up! The drivers side came right off. Also that site only has the rear ones for 91 tsi's where can I get ones for the front? Or are they the same??

Does anyone know if they rears are the same as the front or where I can get the fronts

front hubs or axles?

hubs! we've replaced drivers side axle, the passenger side needs replaced but the hub/bolt is seized up.

PB blaster and a good impact wrench will get the axle bolt off. From there, you may need a press to get the rest of it apart. The 1g's have a wheel bearing design that's a little easier to get apart than the 2g's.

tried that, try lubing her and everything, its seized big time

So the axle is sized in the hub? You get the nut off the axle?

If the axle is sized in hub what I did was take the knucle off and made a stand to hold it flat. Then I beat the hell out of it and then after it was mushroomed and I beat the threads off the axle nut I took a grinder to it to get the mushroomed edges off. I guess the vibrations broke it loose and was able to beat it out after that.

a 4' pipe? haha we were beating the piss out of it :( :cry: and nothing.

I had a 1/2" drive Craftsman breaker bar and I was jumping on it, hitting it with a hammer, jumping more, hitting more, and nothing. I put the 4 foot pipe over the breaker bar and it came right off. I would give it a try before buying new parts. Leverage, a simple machine.

what i had to do was cut everything and replace it sucks man same thing happen to me not a good situation.

I have the same problem. Some pb blaster sprayed on and let sit for 15 minutes or longer. Then my 4' pipe and 1/2 bar and it was off. It was easier than trying to remove the cotter pin.

d

HA! I was having this exact same issue around this time.
I just used an impact gun on the nut. Wasn't that much of an issue. However, it took me quite a bit to get the axle out of the hub.
Seized up solid!! Tried a 50ton press the first time, nothing! So, for 3 days I used a penetrating oil called Mouse Milk (used in aviation maintenance) 3 applications a day. Tried it with a 20 ton press after that and POP! slid right out no problem.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back